585,668 active members*
4,024 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Looking For Advice - Chinese Laser

Hi all. I know there is information all over these forums regarding what I am about to ask, but quite frankly I am getting very confused the more I read. I am looking at purchasing a chinese laser, preferrably a 40 x 60 bed. I have read the good and the bad about g weike, which was what I was sure I would go with originally, and now I am conflicted. Should I be looking elsewhere? Also, I have read that the ruida controls are best. If so I would rather go with that as this is my first foray into laser cutting/engraving. I am tech savvy and can fix most things, so I am not too worried about fixing things if/when they break. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Looking For Advice - Chinese Laser

Hi electrolaser,

I see you are asking specifically for a Chinese machine. It is a common misconception that the machines coming from China are similar to the ones produced in Europe or the US, just cheaper. Most of the Chinese laser machines are designed and produced in a different way, use different technology and produce different results compared to the Western brands. Are you familiar with the differences? If not I would suggest starting from there.

I wasn't aware that they are really that different. What should I be looking at specifically? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Customer's China life after Omni cnc laser training
    https://youtu.be/iCyj5fS4-EE

The system duplicated the above message for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by electrolaser View Post
    What should I be looking at specifically?
    That would depend on what you intend to use the machine for. It is hard to recommend something without knowing your production requirements and application.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that. I will be using it to cut and engrave wood, acrylic and leather. For small projects to start with. That's why the smaller bed. 40mm x 60mm is plenty.

For cutting and engraving wood and cutting leather I would suggest going with direct-current source (glass tube).

For cutting and engraving acrylic and engraving leather - Radio-frequency source (metal tube). In general, if you get a powerful enough RF laser you'll be able to engrave and cut all these materials but it is going to be very expensive.

There are some machines that are equipped with 2 lasers - low wattage RF for quality engraving and high wattage DC for cutting. I have no idea how much they cost tho. Probably cheaper than buying 2 machines.

You may have to prioritize - one or the other.

Chinese: for people who have technical skills to check, replace broken parts and fix issues and want low-budget machine. Great for cut bulky parts.
    Western: for people who need a really reliable and precise tool, but budget (as 10 times of Chinese) is not serious issue. No Mc Gyver skills required. Perfect for HQ engraving.

(I was working on both).
    Polish @ Éire

I want to start with Chinese as this is what's affordable for me. Eventually I will move up to a higher quality machine. From what I have seen, the Chinese models can produce a great result if properly set up, maintained, etc. I really just don't know which company to look at when I do finally order something. Reading the forum posts hasn't clarified anything for me. That's why I am asking for advice.

To cut and engrave wood,acrylic and leather,80W tube is suitable.But it can't cut much thicker. STJ9060 laser engraver and cutter has help customer do many projects.
    STYLECNC is a guaranteed manufacturer for CNC Router, Laser Cutter, Laser Marker, Laser Engraver, Wood Lathe and Plasma Cutter. Official website: https://www.stylecnc.com/

I can't agree with you. As I know, negative high voltage co2 laser tubes are good at cutting precision, both chinese laser and western laser.
    When talk about negative high voltage laser, I will think of GSI UK.
    Did you know a Chinese laser company purchase the co2 laser technology of GSI UK?
    If you find a machine which uses this company's co2 laser tubes,still can get a good precision.

Try Red Sail brand machines. They are on Ebay and are usually red and black in color. The larger machines are better made and more reliable. I've had my 20"x30" 80 watt machine for over a year now and it has run flawlessly. Buy bigger than you think you need. trust me. LOL

Chris

This is Shelly from GWEIKE laser. We are manufacturer of laser machines. Anyone who is planning to buy a laser machine can contact me [email protected] +8618615219714. We have machine for cutting metal and for nonmetal. Wood, acrylic, MDF, leather, mild steel, stainless steel, aluminum, brass and so on materials. working area we have is 600*400mm, 1300*900mm, 1300*2500mm, 3000*1500mm, 4000*2000mm and so on. Welcome inquiry.

I do not have any idea about it but definitely look into it.