585,752 active members*
4,110 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Cnc router controller.

I am now nearing the finish line on my replacement cnc router controller. I am using the Ethernet smooth stepper and c32 board from cnc4pc.com(not arrived yet). I have aprox. 245v with neutral coming in. I'll be using a power distribution block up top left ( not arrived yet) to tap into and easily add or make 120v for an external power strip to plug the pc cart into etc. I'm not a real electrician though and it's always nice to get someone else's practical insight that has lots of experience to aide in the project. I'd like to thank anyone now for their help in taking a look. The drivers are hybrid stepper drives 48v 5a. Had to solder those tiny encoder wires on the ends...... etc. Etc. Have at it, let me know if I'm doing something wrong. I have some splices on the shielding on both motor and encoder to pair wire up to not yet but planning on putting it on the enclosure earted ground bar( green wire). That's just a range cord plug also, not live. Also a sub panel I installed in the shop. I need the welding plug but not it's on 2 breakers and I won't be doing both.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Re: Cnc router controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Timboweld View Post
    I am now nearing the finish line on my replacement cnc router controller. I am using the Ethernet smooth stepper and c32 board from cnc4pc.com(not arrived yet). I have aprox. 245v with neutral coming in. I'll be using a power distribution block up top left ( not arrived yet) to tap into and easily add or make 120v for an external power strip to plug the pc cart into etc. I'm not a real electrician though and it's always nice to get someone else's practical insight that has lots of experience to aide in the project. I'd like to thank anyone now for their help in taking a look. The drivers are hybrid stepper drives 48v 5a. Had to solder those tiny encoder wires on the ends...... etc. Etc. Have at it, let me know if I'm doing something wrong. I have some splices on the shielding on both motor and encoder to pair wire up to not yet but planning on putting it on the enclosure earted ground bar( green wire). That's just a range cord plug also, not live. Also a sub panel I installed in the shop. I need the welding plug but not it's on 2 breakers and I won't be doing both.

Here's some closer looks

Here's some closer looks

And today's efforts.

And today's efforts.

Last nights work making some cables...

You don't need to quote your previous post to add a new post. It doesn't add anything to the topic. Just click on either the "Reply To Thread" button or use the "Quick Reply" box down below.

Mark

Thank you, much easier tapping the arrow. Lol