584,805 active members*
4,854 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > DynaTorch > Looking for any info on Dynatorch XLR8 systems

Looking for any info on Dynatorch XLR8 systems

Been looking at getting a CNC plasma table for quite some time - looked seriously at the Dynatorch Super B systems, talked to the Swiftcut people and took a look at their system (it's nice), thought quite seriously about building my own - etc.

The biggest thing keeping me from getting a table - has been the cost. Well I finally lucked out and picked up a hardly used Dynatorch XLR8 4x4 table. Waiting for the seller to get back from vacation and I've got to take a trip and go pick the
    thing up.

Until I actually get the table back to my shop - I figured I'd do some research. Are the XLR8 tables similar to the XLS or XLE tables that Dynatorch currently sells?

Apparently the table I'm getting is not coming with any software or computer to run it - so I've got to procure a PC to run the thing. What sort of processing power do I need to run this thing? I'm wondering if maybe I can use one of the older PC's I have
    hanging around (Dell system circa 2008 or 2009 - came with XP) - or maybe I should just get a new PC to run the thing.

Anything anybody can tell me about these tables would be helpful - Thanks!

Re: Looking for any info on Dynatorch XLR8 systems

I would presume that you have this all sorted by now.
    FWIW
    You will want a newer Intel I series and windows 10.
    Mine was put in service in 2012 and has treated is very well.
    I believe they had servo issues with the early models but rectified that by switching to a Panasonic system.
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

Re: Looking for any info on Dynatorch XLR8 systems

Quote Originally Posted by DareBee View Post
    I would presume that you have this all sorted by now.
    FWIW
    You will want a newer Intel I series and windows 10.
    Mine was put in service in 2012 and has treated is very well.
    I believe they had servo issues with the early models but rectified that by switching to a Panasonic system.

Thanks for responding.

Good to hear that your table has been in service for a few years and is working good. This one appears to be almost new judging by the condition .

It does have the Panasonic motors - so hopefull that means it's a later table with the issues resolved.

At the moment I still don't have the table up and running yet. I got it back - got the table frame setup and that's about as far as I got. I want to put a water table on it - and I've got to build a platform for it so I can move it around. My shop space is constrained so the table needs to be portable in order for me to make the most out of the space I have.

Unfortunately I had other projects take precedence over getting the table setup - and I also got laid off from my day job so I've been spending a lot of time looking for work. Hope to have that all resolved shortly.