584,829 active members*
5,040 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > design change on z axis saddle need help

Exclamation design change on PUMA 400 B z axis saddle need help

I am changing the z axis saddle on a puma 400b I ordered the parts and the new saddle came in and it was different than the old one so I called the place I bought it from and they said they would have to contact the factory to see what changed . the problem is that the bearing housing for the x axis does not fit on the z axis saddle they changed the mounting bracket and the reseller did not tell me I was going to need a new bearing housing if i knew the part number to the new housing of course I could just order it and be done with it..... has anyone else had this problem and if so what is the fix I have pics I will post shortly

Re: design change on z axis saddle need help

Quote Originally Posted by Michael82 View Post
    I am changing the z axis saddle on a puma 400b I ordered the parts and the new saddle came in and it was different than the old one so I called the place I bought it from and they said they would have to contact the factory to see what changed . the problem is that the bearing housing for the x axis does not fit on the z axis saddle they changed the mounting bracket and the reseller did not tell me I was going to need a new bearing housing if i knew the part number to the new housing of course I could just order it and be done with it..... has anyone else had this problem and if so what is the fix I have pics I will post shortly
    here are the pictures of the old saddle with the bearing housing just sitting in place and also the new saddle with the bearing housing sitting in place

( old style )
    Attachment 394800
    Attachment 394802

( new style )
    Attachment 394804
    Attachment 394806