585,967 active members*
4,116 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Machine limits reached or exceded

Machine limits reached or exceded

I upgraded from version 25 to 30 and opened a Bobcad file into v30 that I had used several times in v25. I tried to simulate the program and it gave me a message that "the machine limits are reached and exceeded for: Second Tr. Axis(y) =-673.10(Min. -400.00)". I had saved the file in v30 so now, I couldn't use v25. So I'm stuck. Any suggestions how I could get v30 to work???

Quote Originally Posted by jimbogrif View Post
    I upgraded from version 25 to 30 and opened a Bobcad file into v30 that I had used several times in v25. I tried to simulate the program and it gave me a message that "the machine limits are reached and exceeded for: Second Tr. Axis(y) =-673.10(Min. -400.00)". I had saved the file in v30 so now, I couldn't use v25. So I'm stuck. Any suggestions how I could get v30 to work???
    Extend the limits of the chosen machine.

If you right click in the top of the cam tree and choose current settings, there you will find the machine definition.

Clicking on and axis delimeter in the machine tree will open its parameters on the right side...

The limits are there....

You can set things to your actual machine, so the sim will help more than just a pretty picture.

Re: Machine limits reached or exceded

I chose "current Settings" then "Machine Definition" and set the X&Y direction to +1, the X limits to -2 to 100 and the Y limits to -2 to 50. It still didn't simulate. I'm using Mach3.

Re: Machine limits reached or exceded

Just started working - not sure what I did?

I chose "current Settings" then "Machine Definition" and set the X&Y direction to +1, the X limits to -2 to 100 and the Y limits to -2 to 50. It still didn't simulate. I'm using Mach3.
    So the machine setup in the cam tree has an "origin" for zero... your cut moves (axis travels) from there.

You set your limits to 1 and 50? The error you posted shows numbers like 600!

The new system takes full advantage of the machine definitions and cam tree machine setups and work offsets. The old 25 would just let you go to town...

Take a slow pace through the setup. Think more in line with having to setup an actual machine.

Just started working - not sure what I did?
    Could be you set things correct, but bbcd system needed a tickle to get those new settings into file?

Hard to say...

BobCad has always had 2 parts to its settings..

Default settings and part settings. Default are global and part is current doc....

Usually, global settings are read at startup. So makimg changes to global settings like the machine def, i would then restart the file, and do some re-selecting and re-computing just to be sure i was working off of the changed settings...