584,874 active members*
5,137 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Cabinet cooling solution

As some may know I have my Torq-Cut 22 in my garage that is not climate controlled. During the summer (like now) it gets 100 degrees before noon.

This has caused issues as when the garage starts hitting 85-90 degrees the machine start erroring out randomly.

Unfortunately I can't just shut down for a couple months if I need to get something out.

I worked with local plastic company and had them make an enclosure for the air filter that I could duct a portable ac unit to.

anyway here is the pic...

Richard

Re: Cabinet cooling solution

Freaking awesome! I fitted mine with the venturi last summer but it used way too much air. How many btu unit is it?

its one of these: https://www.tripplite.com/smartrack-...sets~SRCOOL12K
    12k btu

Good company. this one was defective and they sent out a replacement. It's supposed to not need a drain but the the device that puts the condensate into the exhaust was doa. Not good for a server room to have puddle of water on the floor... Garage doesn't care They said cut the cord and toss it but that seemed like a waste and the places that I called to recycle it wanted money.

Richard

EDT: the hose that is going toward the front of the machine actually makes a 180 and I stick it out the garage door to exhaust the hot air out. It keeps the CNC plenty cool and the Mastercool swamp cooler keeps me cool.... well until it gets really hot.

Great solution. I have an injection molding machine next door in a non--airconditioned room. I run it with an outside door open and I added a 4" duct fan from an air conditioned room through the wall directly connected to its control cabinet. It works fine.