585,557 active members*
3,437 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Facebook Group Discussion > Huangyang Model HY01D523B different from others.

Huangyang Model HY01D523B different from others.

I purchased a 220v 1.5KW VFD last year and have only now been able to use it. The screw terminals for R, S, T ; U, V, W & ground are not labeled and the setup is different from examples online of those who have the very same model. Others have 2 rows of the green controller terminals and mine has just one long row. Others have a total of 9 screw terminals on the R,S,T, U, V, W row (usually with terminal for grounding and a brake resistor). Mine has only 7 terminals and the terminals are not labeled. There is a sticker on the outside of the VFD, but on the inside there are 2 embossed symbols (the only apparent labeling of the RST-UVW row that has any apparent labeling) indicating that the 2 outside screws are ground. Has anyone seen this setup and know which terminals are which?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0227.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	395058

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Huangyang Model HY01D523B different from others.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen66 View Post
    I purchased a 220v 1.5KW VFD last year and have only now been able to use it. The screw terminals for R, S, T ; U, V, W & ground are not labeled and the setup is different from examples online of those who have the very same model. Others have 2 rows of the green controller terminals and mine has just one long row. Others have a total of 9 screw terminals on the R,S,T, U, V, W row (usually with terminal for grounding and a brake resistor). Mine has only 7 terminals and the terminals are not labeled. There is a sticker on the outside of the VFD, but on the inside there are 2 embossed symbols (the only apparent labeling of the RST-UVW row that has any apparent labeling) indicating that the 2 outside screws are ground. Has anyone seen this setup and know which terminals are which?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0227.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	395058

That's a knockoff or copy, not a "genuine" Huanyang.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    That's a knockoff or copy, not a "genuine" Huanyang.
    Thanks for letting me know. I wasn’t sure. I actually got it to work, though I had to guess which terminals were which. It seemed to run. Unfortunately, I had to buy a genuine Huanyang 2.2 KW VFD to run with my 2.2 KW spindle.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen66 View Post
    Thanks for letting me know. I wasn’t sure. I actually got it to work, though I had to guess which terminals were which. It seemed to run. Unfortunately, I had to buy a genuine Huanyang 2.2 KW VFD to run with my 2.2 KW spindle.

Yes it is not a Huanyang, it may be a Askpower, do the parameters start like this Pn0
    Mactec54

To mactec54:

I’m not sure. I finally got it to work after following the printed label on the front. It functions, but I won’t be able to use it because it is a 1.5 KW VFD and my spindle is 2.2 KW. I bought a “genuine” Huanyang that matches my spindle. After spending all that time trying to figure out how to wire up the VFD with conflicting terminal labels it didn’t take me too long to wire up the new one. So, with my axes now working and my spindle wired, I plan to attempt some initial cuts some time next week!