584,879 active members*
5,197 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bamboo engraving and cutting

Hi

I work with a group of artisans in India. We work on bamboo.
    I am considering buying a laser engraver for bamboo
    Mainly to engrave brands and logos for the bamboo pens
    we make. We want to cut upto 4mm of bamboo.

I had seen the aeon mira and was also considering lc6090
    from weiki. What would be your recommendations.

Between the two which would be better. In this range
    are there other machines to consider.

I am looking at a 60 or 80 watt machine with a bed size
    of 600×800 or something close.

Advice is deeply appreciated!

Re: Bamboo engraving and cutting

The Aeon Mira and G-Weike LC6090 are not really comparable machines. The MIRA is a desktop model that comes in either 300 x 500 or 450 x 700. It is primarily designed for engraving and is not engineered to offer the necessary airflow required for cutting. That doesn't mean you can't cut with it, just that it's not ideal since it is not what it was designed for. Since cutting wood is your main applications, you should compare the LC6090 with the Aeon NOVA series instead.

The NOVA series comes with a downdraft table, which is what you want for cutting applications. You should consider the NOVA7 (500 x 700) and the NOVA10 (700 x 1000). Either wattage is fine for engraving. However, when it comes to cutting, 60W is sufficient, 80W is more like it.

In the beginning, our company sold G-Weike. However as we grew and gained more knowledge, we moved on. In our opinion, Aeon is at the forefront of the Chinese CO2 laser market. You will get a much faster machine with a lot more sophistication in the way of components and how they are packaged. In you case, get ready for lots of smoke and steer clear of any machine that does not take the extra precaution of enclosing their rails and drive components.

I'd also recommend you purchase from a US dealer like ourselves. The extra cost is well worth it if you intend to run a business with your laser and do not want to deal with the added responsibility that comes with figuring out how to use one and more importantly, how to keep it running.

If you'd like some more guidance or pricing, please don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Danny
    Engraving Machines Plus, Corp.
    (321) 821-7774
    Melbourne, FL