Hi guys. I have a cnc router that uses 4 leadshine closed loop stepper motors. The motors are the es-m22430 with the es-d808 drives.

Today there was a thunderstorm at my area and the lights flickered for moment. The PC that runs the machine, via mach3, didn't crash and the machine kept going but soon I understood that it has lost its position. From what I understood the control box lost enough power to miss some pulses from the PC.

The VFD didn`t shut down either. I have it's fault relay as an estop input on my board so it would estop the machine.
I was wondering if it is possible to connect the control box of the machine to a ups that will have enough power to run it for like 1min or something. So if the power loss is as brief as today, nothing will happen since the ups will stabilize the voltage and the control box won't lose power.
If the power failure is long the vfd will shut down tripping the relay (the vfd won't be connected to the ups) which will estop the machine. I am almost always close to the machine anyway so if power is lost I will just stop it myself.

From some research I found this.
https://powerwalker.com/index.php?page=product&item=10122043&lang=en

Do you guys think that this would work the way I want it to?