585,568 active members*
3,334 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

I need cable chains.

Have a look for yourself.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20180617_030202.jpg  

Re: I need cable chains.

Here is where I purchased e chain for my machine you can get the same product cheaper on E Bay or Amazon https://www.igus.com/energychains
    Just google E chain.
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc-router-table-machines/140832-cnc-software.html

Lee

At work we use a lot of stuff from Igus. For the most part the stuff works well. There are however an endless variety of drag chains out there. We use some from a company in korea that are very good for clean room usage.

It goes without saying that proper installation makes a big difference in how long the drag chain lasts. As such look for the design guides for whatever you do buy. If you intend to run a number of airlines design in a larger drag chain or one that keeps the lines separated. A tightly packed drag chain leads to fast wear on plastic air lines. You can also wear cables bit in my experience airlines will go first. Also make sure the drag chain doesnt kink the air lines.

Note sometimes open drag chains arent the best solution. This especially on machine working metal. In some cases a flexible non metalic conduit can be very effective at rats neat control. You cant realistically do long runs but the sealed nature of the tubing does keep the harness clean. Just make sure the tubing is designed for a high flex operation.
    Oh and like drag chains installation can make or break sich installations.

Google is your friend. Try terms like: energy chain, drag chain, igus, heyco, flexible conduit, wire management and whatever ekse comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    At work we use a lot of stuff from Igus. For the most part the stuff works well. There are however an endless variety of drag chains out there. We use some from a company in korea that are very good for clean room usage.

It goes without saying that proper installation makes a big difference in how long the drag chain lasts. As such look for the design guides for whatever you do buy. If you intend to run a number of airlines design in a larger drag chain or one that keeps the lines separated. A tightly packed drag chain leads to fast wear on plastic air lines. You can also wear cables bit in my experience airlines will go first. Also make sure the drag chain doesnt kink the air lines.

Note sometimes open drag chains arent the best solution. This especially on machine working metal. In some cases a flexible non metalic conduit can be very effective at rats neat control. You cant realistically do long runs but the sealed nature of the tubing does keep the harness clean. Just make sure the tubing is designed for a high flex operation.
    Oh and like drag chains installation can make or break sich installations.

Google is your friend. Try terms like: energy chain, drag chain, igus, heyco, flexible conduit, wire management and whatever ekse comes to mind.
    I just 3d printed them instead of buying some. It was fun ????
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails received_524004901691590.jpg