585,951 active members*
3,721 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > (Yet another) Huanyang VFD settings questions for GT series

(Yet another) Huanyang VFD settings questions for GT series

I have some questions for anyone with direct experience of setting up one of the GT series Huanyang VFDs. The settings on the GT are different to the other (and apparently more common) Huanyang models so it's harder to find simplified instructions. ...

The manual seems to indicate that you are meant to input the five main spindle parameters and then it will "auto tune" and fill in the rest (or some others) by itself. I can't understand if it auto tunes automatically once the spindle parameters are input or if I have to do something to make it autotune? If I have to do something, what is it?

For the setting p2.02 the manual describes it as "rated frequency" but it only goes from 10hz to 50hz so should I assume that they mean "minimum frequency" instead of "rated frequency". My spindle's rated frequency is 400hz... the rest of these settings all seem ask for the max allowed.... So it's odd that just this one is the minimum allowed...

Is there a list of manditory fields that you have to input data for before using the GT VFD with a spindle? The manual doesn't seem to break it down into manditory, auto tune only and only if you aren't using the front panel buttons....

Re: (Yet another) Huanyang VFD settings questions for GT series

Quote Originally Posted by Goemon View Post
    I have some questions for anyone with direct experience of setting up one of the GT series Huanyang VFDs. The settings on the GT are different to the other (and apparently more common) Huanyang models so it's harder to find simplified instructions. ...

The manual seems to indicate that you are meant to input the five main spindle parameters and then it will "auto tune" and fill in the rest (or some others) by itself. I can't understand if it auto tunes automatically once the spindle parameters are input or if I have to do something to make it autotune? If I have to do something, what is it?

For the setting p2.02 the manual describes it as "rated frequency" but it only goes from 10hz to 50hz so should I assume that they mean "minimum frequency" instead of "rated frequency". My spindle's rated frequency is 400hz... the rest of these settings all seem ask for the max allowed.... So it's odd that just this one is the minimum allowed...

Is there a list of manditory fields that you have to input data for before using the GT VFD with a spindle? The manual doesn't seem to break it down into manditory, auto tune only and only if you aren't using the front panel buttons....
    Why are you messing with P2 parameters, they are not related to your needs

I'm the only one that is likely to have a list of parameters, this is all spindle motor related, so no parameter lists will be the same unless it is for the same motor, I have posted for the GT VFD before

You have to input all the needed Parameters for your motor before you can auto tune or it will be messed up

Using Auto Tune is P0.16 you enter either a 1 or a 2 to activate Auto Tune
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Why are you messing with P2 parameters, they are not related to your needs

I'm the only one that is likely to have a list of parameters, this is all spindle motor related, so no parameter lists will be the same unless it is for the same motor, I have posted for the GT VFD before

You have to input all the needed Parameters for your motor before you can auto tune or it will be messed up

Using Auto Tune is P0.16 you enter either a 1 or a 2 to activate Auto Tune
    I'm working through what it says in the manual. P2. 1 through 5 are the key spindle parameters. P2.01 - Motor rated power
    P2.02 - motor rated frequency, P2.03 - motor rated speed, P2.04 - motor rated voltage, P2.05 - motor rated current.

I don't need a list of parameters. I know the info for my spindle. I just need to know which settings I have to set and which ones to ignore.

I also need to find out why motor rated frequency only offer 10hz to 50hz.

I think I have figured out the settings. Just have to do the auto tune. I am assuming that you have to connect the spindle before setting the auto tune command as it just displays some weird symbol if you hit autotune with nothing connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Goemon View Post
    I'm working through what it says in the manual. P2. 1 through 5 are the key spindle parameters. P2.01 - Motor rated power
    P2.02 - motor rated frequency, P2.03 - motor rated speed, P2.04 - motor rated voltage, P2.05 - motor rated current.

I don't need a list of parameters. I know the info for my spindle. I just need to know which settings I have to set and which ones to ignore.

I also need to find out why motor rated frequency only offer 10hz to 50hz.
    Yes motor specs have to be put in but nothing else in that part, the P0 section has to be set also before Auto Tune

This could be a problem if you can't change the 50Hz

Once you set the speed P2.03 you may be able to change that P2.02 to 400

For Auto tune yes the motor has to be wired, that is what the VFD is tuning to the motor
    Mactec54