584,802 active members*
4,887 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Hobby Projects > Hobby Discussion > Creating 3D model to mill molds for a composite RC glider

Creating 3D model to mill molds for a composite RC glider

Hi Guys,

My experience in the hobby so far is with AutoCAD and a 4 axis hot wire foam cutter, but now I want to make molds to build composite gliders.
    I have tried solidworks and it was way over my head. I'm hoping there is someone here that can help me out.
    I have a fairly comprehensive design in AutoCAD, I just can't turn that into a 3D model.

Also I'm in Sydney, Australia. So if there was anyone local that could help that would make it easier.

Thanks
    Grant.

Re: Creating 3D model to mill molds for a composite RC glider

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
    Hi Guys,

My experience in the hobby so far is with AutoCAD and a 4 axis hot wire foam cutter, but now I want to make molds to build composite gliders.
    I have tried solidworks and it was way over my head. I'm hoping there is someone here that can help me out.
    I have a fairly comprehensive design in AutoCAD, I just can't turn that into a 3D model.

Also I'm in Sydney, Australia. So if there was anyone local that could help that would make it easier.

Thanks
    Grant.
    Try FUSION 360 (free for hobbyist) and search youtube for a channel that's done by Lars Christiansen and FUSION 360. He's done a couple video's regarding molds but, and here's a big, you're going to have to start by watching many, many of his beginner videos before you come even mildly proficient and develop the skills to do what you want.