585,759 active members*
4,004 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Haimer rebuild

My trusty mini inch dial haimer broke yesterday. It broke at just below the shaft where the grub screws tighten. It was headed for a crash and I grabbed for it and ‘snap’
    Not a smart thing to grab for it btw.

Anyone have a haimer rebuilt? I have read it costs and can take several months if going through haimer.

Re: Haimer rebuild

I had one damaged by popping into the cnc spindle when the tool release button was released, the tool holder wasn't properly lined up. The dial wouldn't read at zero any longer. So I sent it to Haimer USA, who in turn sent it to Germany. It came back good as new. I can't remember the price, but I think it was reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by greggv View Post
    I had one damaged by popping into the cnc spindle when the tool release button was released, the tool holder wasn't properly lined up. The dial wouldn't read at zero any longer. So I sent it to Haimer USA, who in turn sent it to Germany. It came back good as new. I can't remember the price, but I think it was reasonable.
    Thanks
    Too bad Tormach raised all of their prices so much.
    I was able to get one on amazon with one day shipping for less than Tormach.

Quote Originally Posted by greggv View Post
    Just for info. I adjusted my probe to zero. Top right side and bottom left side has super tiny screws to first loosen and then tighten carefully depending on direction needle needs to move to set a zero.
    Note, no instructions for this were included for my older probe. But Tormach posted a video with similar instructions and I used that to guide me and it worked perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by CadRhino View Post
    Thanks
    Too bad Tormach raised all of their prices so much.
    I was able to get one on amazon with one day shipping for less than Tormach.
    I was going to order a 36 pc 5c collet set from Tormach, but put it off the last few months. That was dumb, the price almost doubled.