585,702 active members*
4,185 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Tools / Tooling Technology > CNC Tooling > Is Y1 and Y2 alignment the issue?

Is Y1 and Y2 alignment the issue?

Hello all

We've had a few issues in the past with our Y2 motor that moves our gantry on our 5'x10' Precix CNC Router
    Thus it's been taken on and off a number of times.

We can never seem to get it to align perfectly with the Y1 motor and this we get what looks like chatter or back-lash issues (zig-zags as I call them) along curve and angle cuts.

I'm wondering....what can I do to get the two motor lined up as closely as possible?

Also...how can I be sure the cog on the Y2 motor is riding perfectly along the rack.
    Should I be pushing the motor up as closely as possible to the rack so the teeth are right up in there or should the teeth be backed off a little?

Finally...speaking of chatter....are chatter and back-lash the same thing or completely unrelated?

Any suggestions would appreciated.

I've included some pictures of the cut issues we're having as well as a diagram.
    The diagram shows a circle cut....the chatter/zig-zags always happen in the same place on the circle no matter where on the table I cut.

Thanks everyone.
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by landmarksign View Post
    Hello all

We've had a few issues in the past with our Y2 motor that moves our gantry on our 5'x10' Precix CNC Router
    Thus it's been taken on and off a number of times.

We can never seem to get it to align perfectly with the Y1 motor and this we get what looks like chatter or back-lash issues (zig-zags as I call them) along curve and angle cuts.

I'm wondering....what can I do to get the two motor lined up as closely as possible?

Also...how can I be sure the cog on the Y2 motor is riding perfectly along the rack.
    Should I be pushing the motor up as closely as possible to the rack so the teeth are right up in there or should the teeth be backed off a little?

Finally...speaking of chatter....are chatter and back-lash the same thing or completely unrelated?

Any suggestions would appreciated.

I've included some pictures of the cut issues we're having as well as a diagram.
    The diagram shows a circle cut....the chatter/zig-zags always happen in the same place on the circle no matter where on the table I cut.

Thanks everyone.
    Ryan
    Hello Ryan, I am reaching out because I am on my second Precix machine. They sold me an industrial machine but delivered a machine from China. It has not worked since I received it. Noah was here for two weeks and still couldn't fix it. That was three years ago and it is still chattering.I cant cut at regular speeds without chatter on the edges. The Chinese company they bought it from will not help with any parts. They refuse to help Precix. So Precix int-rum has refused to help. The only thing I have going for me is that I have not paid for the machine in full yet. I am reaching out because I want anyone who has bought a Precix to call me. I am going to try and put together a class action lawsuit against them. You can contact me via Email at [email protected]. I am sorry for your troubles with your machine. And for trusting Precix with your CNC needs.