585,573 active members*
3,402 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Bobcad version 21

Bobcad version 21

Hi all!

I have 3 different versions of Bobcad, 21, 22, and 23. I never really liked 22 or 23 and have been using 21 for years. Well, my laptop died the other day. I purchased a new one and when I got into my disks I could only find 22 and 23. I think I remember downloading 21 as a trial version and then buying the license to activate it. So, my question is does anyone know where I can download 21? Looking at their website they only support the last 5 versions. Can anyone point me in the right direction? As always, thanks!

Re: Bobcad version 21

The best I can advise is to contact BobCAD and ask them if they still have 21 on a server somewhere but I very much doubt it

Also it is unlikely that 21 will run a new computer, probably the one you have just purchased will have Windows 10 64 bit Operating System, I think that 21 will only run on the old 32 bit Operating system like XP and these days Motherboards in computers are designed to work specifically with certain Operating Systems

What exactly happened to your old Laptop? If you haven`t thrown it away it might be worth going to a good PC shop and asking if they could "clone" the old Hard Drive onto a newer one and finding an older PC/Laptop to run it on.

Failing that you will have to buy something, I don`t know what your business is but I would reckon you will have many, many programs done in 21 that will be lost to you !!

I still have an old PC with 21 on it and also the full set of discs and the huge Manual that used to come with 21 Purchased way back in 2006!!

I am in the UK so not a lot of use to you but maybe you can find someone in the US who can loan you a disc to load it from as long as you still have your original Invoice/Authorisation codes you should be able to get going again although unless you had your programs saved off your laptop they will be lost

I still reckon that trying to get your old Hard Drive "cloned" would be the best way to go as I am sure you would be able to pick up a cheap PC to run it on, worth asking a shop if they can do it for you, doesn`t cost to ask

Regards
    Rob

hope 8 ball is a pool term,,not thee other

I am not sure about Version 21, but I recently had the same issue with Version 20.6. I have the disc, but you have to get the unlock codes from Bobcad. Called Bobcad and sales said that they no longer supported version 20.6 and there was nothing they could do. Not wanting to throw in the towel I found Al Depoalo's extension # at Bobcad and told him the issue I had and he spoke to someone there and they supplied the codes, but I had to pay the $300 maintenance fee.

Didn't care for V23 as much as V21 but one thing about V23 if you have the Dongle at least down the road you may have a program

Quote Originally Posted by RAF. View Post
    Didn't care for V23 as much as V21 but one thing about V23 if you have the Dongle at least down the road you may have a program
    Ahhhh, the Dongle Those were the days eh? Hey still are the days, still got my V23 Dongle, lets me run the Predator G Code Backplot

Regards
    Rob

Question Re: Bobcad version 21

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine Guy View Post
    The best I can advise is to contact BobCAD and ask them if they still have 21 on a server somewhere but I very much doubt it

Also it is unlikely that 21 will run a new computer, probably the one you have just purchased will have Windows 10 64 bit Operating System, I think that 21 will only run on the old 32 bit Operating system like XP and these days Motherboards in computers are designed to work specifically with certain Operating Systems

What exactly happened to your old Laptop? If you haven`t thrown it away it might be worth going to a good PC shop and asking if they could "clone" the old Hard Drive onto a newer one and finding an older PC/Laptop to run it on.

Failing that you will have to buy something, I don`t know what your business is but I would reckon you will have many, many programs done in 21 that will be lost to you !!

I still have an old PC with 21 on it and also the full set of discs and the huge Manual that used to come with 21 Purchased way back in 2006!!

I am in the UK so not a lot of use to you but maybe you can find someone in the US who can loan you a disc to load it from as long as you still have your original Invoice/Authorisation codes you should be able to get going again although unless you had your programs saved off your laptop they will be lost

I still reckon that trying to get your old Hard Drive "cloned" would be the best way to go as I am sure you would be able to pick up a cheap PC to run it on, worth asking a shop if they can do it for you, doesn`t cost to ask

Regards
    Rob
    FWIW, I use v21 on Win10 Pro 64-bit. Works Fine! I had to download an .exe file (from filehippo, i think), then beg & plead with BobCAD to get the auth code when i upgraded my pc about 2 yrs. ago. i've had v21 since about '06, ugraded to v23 and found out too late that it didn't play nice with plasma-cutting or 2D. Haven't used it since! Thinking about v30, but $$$? Not sure if I want to invest in it, yet. Thanks! Bill
    Bill Worden
    Steel FX, LLC

Hi Bill

Thanks for that, good to know that V21 will work on a 64 bit OS, can you remember what the .exe was you had to get? Was it something to do with compatability ?

Anyway, I still have the original Disc and original Invoice with all the Authorisation Codes on it so I might have a go at loading V21 on a spare Win7 64bit PC I have, could be interesting

Regards
    Rob

I'm looking for the install files for version 21 as well. I have V20 on my current PC, but I just got a new one, and V20 won't run on windows 10, but V21 does. V21 was the last version that used the old interface, which I like for simple things. I have V22 thru V28 and use the later versions for 3D toll paths and more complex things, but if you just want a simple shape and not have to go thru all the wizard boxes the older versions are it.

So if anyone has the V21 install files can you please PM me on here.

Files sent

Got it installed and seems to run fine on win10 Pro 64 bit.

I really like the old style Bobcad when I want a program to go specific moves in order. I use V28 for harder stuff like pockets and 3D tool paths, but for simple stuff I like to just click on the geometry and get the tool path, no going thru the wizard.

Hi
    I have bobcad v21 that it won’t work on window10 pro.... do I happen to have file that work .exe I just got new computer and I hated to throw away v21 which I used simple things..... thank for ur time to read
    David

I would try a new install file. My copy of version 21 that the engine guy sent me runs fine on windows 10.

David
    Send a PM tp Malish and ask him for a copy of the file I sent him and also what if any problems he had installing on W10.

I am not at the computer where I have the V21 files stored and won`t be using it for about the next 5/6 days

Regards
    Rob

I pm'ed him the link to the install files you sent me, I know they work cause I am running it still on my PC. I don't remember if there was anything special I had to do. You will have to contact Bobcad to get the activation done, but they did that for me no issues (as long as you have our invoice with the codes to give them).

Quote Originally Posted by Malish View Post
    I pm'ed him the link to the install files you sent me, I know they work cause I am running it still on my PC. I don't remember if there was anything special I had to do. You will have to contact Bobcad to get the activation done, but they did that for me no issues (as long as you have our invoice with the codes to give them).
    Thanks for that, should speed things up for David.

Regards
    Rob