585,969 active members*
4,525 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Help Variable Limit (Program)

Help Variable Limit (Program)

Could someone tell me what is the variable of Positive/Negative Variable Limit (Program) on Z and X axis. My machine is OKUMA LB15 OSP 500LThanks a lot

Re: Help Variable Limit (Program)

hi nodo / try VPVL* & VNVL*, * = X , Z

vpv** : positive limit
    vnv** : yup, you guessed it, it is the negative

please, before you assign something to these variable, thus before you use something like VPVLX = etc, write all actual values on a piece of paper

thus run this code :
    V1 = VPVLX
    V2 = VNVLX
    V3 = VPVLZ
    V4 = VNVLZ

and after that write V1 V2 V3 and V4 on a piece of paper

only now you may go play pls be carefull, because, even if the positive X limit is 381.234, VPVLX is not 381.234 but a wild number like 29876.235; this is because such variables are relative to the encoder origin, which is a wild number <> 0

by the way, what do you try to achieve ? kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Try this code for positive variable limit for X axis
    V1=VPVLX-VZOFX
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge."

hy kurmay for osp 300, also VPVLX - VBZOX will deliver the X+ limit

i am not sure, but it may be possible that the difference between VBZOX and VZOFX is VZSHX

i don't have time for trials right now, and VZSHX is 0 in most cases; so far i have not encountered a case that would justify using VZSHX <> 0 / kindly

VZOFZ - VBZOZ = VSZOZ

VSZOX is 0 in most cases, so VZOFX = VBZOX

that's all for now

Cause I see the operator has to move the turret to the chuck and call calculate the the z limit after facing and doing a zero offset.I want to write a sub program so that as soon as the operator finish the zero offset at the z axis then the limit will be set.Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    hi nodo / try VPVL* & VNVL*, * = X , Zvpv** : positive limitvnv** : yup, you guessed it, it is the negativeplease, before you assign something to these variable, thus before you use something like VPVLX = etc, write all actual values on a piece of paperthus run this code :V1 = VPVLXV2 = VNVLXV3 = VPVLZV4 = VNVLZand after that write V1 V2 V3 and V4 on a piece of paperonly now you may go play pls be carefull, because, even if the positive X limit is 381.234, VPVLX is not 381.234 but a wild number like 29876.235; this is because such variables are relative to the encoder origin, which is a wild number 0by the way, what do you try to achieve ? kindly

HELLO HERE IS WHAT VARIABLE THAT I WANT TO KNOW.

hi nodo / you should regard Z_axis_limit & program_Z_zero as being separate things

program_Z_zero is generally done after a facing operation; i have calibrated the lathe, so VSZOZ=0 represents chuck face : if i wish to input a program zero, i simply measure the distance between the material face and the chuck face, and i input that distance inside the control; it is faster, and allows zeroing without being near the cnc, or without facing

Z_axis_limit should be declared so the turret to index in such a way, that the longest tool on the turret still has enough clearance to the part : for this i have a soubroutine that automatically compares turret_z_safe_position with all tool's z_offset : for example, the longest tool has z_offset = 100; in such a case, turret_z_safe_position must be >=100+safe_clearence, or the cnc will stop automatically to prevent a colision