584,850 active members*
4,428 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

System variable for tool in ready position

I have a Mitsubishi M-H50C (1986) with a Meldas 300 control. Does anyone know what system variables store the tool number of the tool in the spindle and/or the tool in the ready position. Nothing in my machine documentation tells me what these variables are. This machine has a glitch that causes problems if we attempt to select a tool that is already in the ready position. I want to develop some program logic to work around this, but need the variable numbers to do that. ANY help will be appreciated!

#4120 is usually Tool in spindle. Not sure of ready tool though

Thanks for the quick response

Unfortunatly, 4120 didn't work for "Tool in Spindle". Based on your reply I checked all of the variables between 4000 and 4400 and didn't get a match for "Tool in Spindle" or "Tool in Wait" . Any other thoughts?

Is the glitch the "T comand Doubly Given " message ? We have three MH-800s at work , one 94 and two 96`s and all three do this . I have yet to find a way around this , it`s really only an issue for me when restarting latter in a program , just need to watch were my t comand and m6 are , more of a pain than a problem. Sorry I couldn`t supply any remedy , If you find a fix post it up here and I`ll try it.

T Command Doubly Given

The T command Doubly Given is one of the driving forces behind my inquiry. As you said, We've have managed the glitch by being careful when starting up and when restarting programs mid stream. And you are right, it's more of a pain and aggravation than a major problem. However, I'm developing some part family programs where tool numbers are based on variables. This makes it difficult, at times, for the operator to know what tool should be in the ready position when restarting in mid program. I'm hoping to be able to write some logic into the program to make this easier and more foolproof.

System variables for T-codes

The #4120 is for the last T-code commanded. The t-codes are registered in the R-registers for the PLC. The OEM must write the PLC so that the NC can use this information in a macro program. They often transfer the T-code from the R-register to some common variable that can be used for macro programming. This information will have to be from MHI in your case. Any problems with "T-code doubly given" or "can't find tool" alarms are the result of the way the OEM programmed the PLC for your machines. Some OEMs will give you a choice of the way the you can call the tool by means of a PLC switch located in the machine parameter area of the control. An example would be to ignore the tool call if that tool already is in the spindle or to give an alarm.