585,715 active members*
4,017 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Tool part

Tool part

I recently obtained a Wire Clamping tool for supporting fencing in my back garden, but the end has now developed a crack in the side of the front portion which I have a shrewd suspicion was there (invisible) when I bought the tool. As I got this at a carboot sale the likelyhood of me returning it and getting my money back is zero.

I was thinking of buying a cheap chinese Mini Lathe (https://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/hobby-lathe) to complement my new OOZnest cnc router build which I completed last week (I already have a list of small machined components I need to go with projects I've completed on the router).

Would this machine be up for the task of making this tool part (see attachment) which would be made out of aluminum or brass.

Any help here would be gratefully received.

Thanks a lot.

Re: Tool part

Possibly, but that thing really is a toy. I've got one of those sitting in a box somewhere that I never used, and you may not be able to appreciate just how tiny it is. The central rail is about 50mm square and fairly thin wall aluminum. The whole thing weighs 2.5 kg according to that listing and that probably includes packaging... Might work ok for doing miniature plastic parts, but that's about it.