585,991 active members*
5,168 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > HELP - My Stepper Motors are slowing down to cero feedrate

HELP - My Stepper Motors are slowing down to cero feedrate

Hi Guys,

It's been a while since I used my CNC (Converted G0704) and I noticed that my feedrate is decreasing up-to cero. I'm using Mach3.

Ex. I set my feedrate to 250mm/min and the motor starts running at 250mm/min and starts slowing down until 0mm/min. Why? Its doing that on ALL axis. I tried tuning the motor speed and acc. but the problem still exist. Is there some setting I enabled by accident in Mach3? Or all my drivers/controllers are going bad?

Thanks for the help!
    Jose

Re: HELP - My Stepper Motors are slowing down to cero feedrate

Quote Originally Posted by mendez View Post
    Hi Guys,

It's been a while since I used my CNC (Converted G0704) and I noticed that my feedrate is decreasing up-to cero. I'm using Mach3.

Ex. I set my feedrate to 250mm/min and the motor starts running at 250mm/min and starts slowing down until 0mm/min. Why? Its doing that on ALL axis. I tried tuning the motor speed and acc. but the problem still exist. Is there some setting I enabled by accident in Mach3? Or all my drivers/controllers are going bad?

Thanks for the help!
    Jose
    My understanding is that your machine can run in any direction, but after some distance the motors decelerate to stop. After this you can start in the other direction and the same thing happens, after a distance the motors stop, even if you manually try to jog.

Do you have soft limits? Perhaps those are not configured as they supposed to be for our needs.