584,854 active members*
4,379 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Fadal 3016 (2001) servo drive motor X axis

Fadal 3016 (2001) servo drive motor X axis

I’m in the process of fixing an issue with this drive motor. The machine was making a “clunking” / “skip” when moving the X axis in the minus direction only but not all the time. Found that all the bearings and ball screw nut needed replacing. That part was no problem, but the “skipping” was still there. I’ve traced down the problem to the nut holding one of the wires to the speed sensor was loose. (Circled in the picture) the 2 wires that wind around the rotating drive must have been rubbing and one direction it would move the wire that cause this nightmare. My question is, should the speed sensor brush holder assembly slid off the end or should there be more bolts holding it on to the main motor case? It appears I can / could pull it off the end of the shaft.

Thanks in advanced.

Jeff

Re: Fadal 3016 (2001) servo drive motor X axis

Quote Originally Posted by Tafc7306 View Post
    I’m in the process of fixing an issue with this drive motor. The machine was making a “clunking” / “skip” when moving the X axis in the minus direction only but not all the time. Found that all the bearings and ball screw nut needed replacing. That part was no problem, but the “skipping” was still there. I’ve traced down the problem to the nut holding one of the wires to the speed sensor was loose. (Circled in the picture) the 2 wires that wind around the rotating drive must have been rubbing and one direction it would move the wire that cause this nightmare. My question is, should the speed sensor brush holder assembly slid off the end or should there be more bolts holding it on to the main motor case? It appears I can / could pull it off the end of the shaft.

Thanks in advanced.

Jeff
    You have to be carefull removing the tachometer, if you seperate the magnets form the commutator I think you loose some of the magnets magnetism. That servo is a DC servo that indicates you have an older refurbed machine.

I've had issues with the tachometer commutator getting dirty. When that happens the axis will move violently depending on the direction your jogging it.