585,700 active members*
3,674 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Avid CNC > Need Help - Programming Aux1 and Aux 2 on Mach 3 for Benchtop Pro 2436

Need Help - Programming Aux1 and Aux 2 on Mach 3 for Benchtop Pro 2436

Hello Everyone,
    I am new to this forum. I am an engineering intern and i am heading a new project involving a CNC Router. I haven't received the kit yet but i ordered everything i need to assemble full plug and play. I have ordered the fog buster misting system and a cycled start button(just like the emergency stop button) which i would like to control through Aux1 and Aux2 of the NEMA 34 Control System. Does anyone here know how to program MACH 3 for those outputs so i could use the machine with a press of a button and also be able to run my mister with a simple g-code command. Both the button and the mister solenoid would use an M12 panel mount connector to the NEMA 34 Control System.

Re: Need Help - Programming Aux1 and Aux 2 on Mach 3 for Benchtop Pro 2436

From my limited knowledge, Aux 1 Aux 2 (M12) connections, are only inputs, not outputs to send signals. I very well could be wrong, but I “think” I’m right.

Re: Need Help - Programming Aux1 and Aux 2 on Mach 3 for Benchtop Pro 2436

I see, you are correct. I could only use them for an external start button. Thus how do i program one. I have been reading a lot of threads here and they all end with go to config>hotkeys> start(1000) stop(1003)
    Also how do i go about hooking up my mister to the Control panel and be able to power it on with g-code commands? Any Benchtop Pro users here have any ideas? I would imagine there has to be an output section on the controller board where i can wire a solenoid..... could be wrong as it won't be the first time today . Please help