585,663 active members*
3,060 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Vibration, Y-axis, Servo Motor, Tailift, Punching Machine, Fanuc Control

Vibration, Y-axis, Servo Motor, Tailift, Punching Machine, Fanuc Control

Hello everybody,
    when referencing the Axis, the Y-axis generates vibrations when converting from fats to slow movement and keep vibrating even after it reaches the reference position
    what might cause this problem!?
    Thank you in advance

Re: Vibration, Y-axis, Servo Motor, Tailift, Punching Machine, Fanuc Control

Bad encoder or wiring maybe?
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

You knew that you were going to get questions as you didn't provide us with much of anything. Control type? Try to provide all information, like ...16MB rather than just 16. There are some parameters that we can play with if we have the correct model number. Year of the machine will be useful, Separate Feedback like scales installed? Can you get it to quit by moving in the other direction??

I will get the model and year
    but I don't understand " Separate Feedback like scales installed?"
    And yes, it moves quietly in the other direction. Actually, it moves quietly in both directions except for the last 100 - 150 mm before zero position

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    You knew that you were going to get questions as you didn't provide us with much of anything. Control type? Try to provide all information, like ...16MB rather than just 16. There are some parameters that we can play with if we have the correct model number. Year of the machine will be useful, Separate Feedback like scales installed? Can you get it to quit by moving in the other direction??

And yes, it moves quietly in the other direction. Actually, it moves quietly in both directions except for the last 100 - 150 mm before zero position

Move the axis in the slowest jog in both directions. Does the axis move then stop or does it lurch? While performing this test then please look at diagnostic 300. This is the movement error, normal condition is the number increases during acceleration then plateaus and stays relatively constant. You may see this number climb which could mean that you have a drive problem, motor power cable issue or a feedback issue. We can help troubleshoot further based on your answers.

Quote Originally Posted by MoeRadwan View Post
    Hello everybody,
    when referencing the Axis, the Y-axis generates vibrations when converting from fats to slow movement and keep vibrating even after it reaches the reference position
    what might cause this problem!?
    Thank you in advance

Quote Originally Posted by tristarcnc View Post
    Move the axis in the slowest jog in both directions. Does the axis move then stop or does it lurch? While performing this test then please look at diagnostic 300. This is the movement error, normal condition is the number increases during acceleration then plateaus and stays relatively constant. You may see this number climb which could mean that you have a drive problem, motor power cable issue or a feedback issue. We can help troubleshoot further based on your answers.

It moves and stops normally in both directions. Vibrates only within the last 150 mm distance during referencing and keeps vibrating in zero position until I push it to make it stop vibrating

Quote Originally Posted by MoeRadwan View Post
    Look at parameter 1815 and let us know if ou have 1 at OPT option or show as a picture with that parameter

Quote Originally Posted by zavateandu View Post
    Look at parameter 1815 and let us know if ou have 1 at OPT option or show as a picture with that parameter
    I will ASAP