585,567 active members*
3,574 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mazak, Mitsubishi, Mazatrol > Need help on mazak V-550 mill with m32 control panel.

Need help on mazak V-550 mill with m32 control panel.

Hi, I'm recently new to mazak. I've learned the basics of a mazak integrex 70 at work and we recently got the v-550 in. I've had a play with the programing and I'm currently trying to do a basic job which is to face mill a block with a 80mm Dia carbide cutter.
    Setting to tool on the integrex is pretty straight forward. however I've managed to write a simple facing program on the v-550 run the tool path successfully but when I try to run the program at first the x, you and z axis all homed out and the z axis soft limit popped up instantly stopping the program. I tried to have another play and now I get an error message reading no axis 0 located. (always covering the emergency stop when trial running)
    I've tried looking online but can't find anything so far, can someone point me in the right direction with a basic program (to test) and how to set the tool etc.
    Because the machine is new to the shop and we have a simple block facing job. We only have the 1 tool as mentioned above. Once I pick up the machine better, more tools will be bought for it.
    Thanks for you time.

Re: Need help on mazak V-550 mill with m32 control panel.

from the info you gave, all i can think is, something with your tlo or z workoffset, if its going backwards when you start, you have a length issue somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by skywalker4 View Post
    from the info you gave, all i can think is, something with your tlo or z workoffset, if its going backwards when you start, you have a length issue somewhere
    Thanks for the reply, that's what I was thinking, I've been through the program and tool data etc but can't figure out if I'm setting it properly. Could there be a problem with the parameters?

Quote Originally Posted by Spangler1 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, that's what I was thinking, I've been through the program and tool data etc but can't figure out if I'm setting it properly. Could there be a problem with the parameters?

how are you setting your tlos? length of the tool or off the part?

Quote Originally Posted by skywalker4 View Post
    how are you setting your tlos? length of the tool or off the part?
    I haven't got the part on the table just yet, I'm trying to do a trial run without anything on the table to see where the cutter is going to cut..i can feed stop and check size from tip of insert to table to make sure its round the size of the part..if I touch on to a part (or set the cutter 100mm above the table to r a trial run) can I teach the z axis 0 like on the integrex in set up page? Thanks again for the help.

yes, you need some number in the tlo screen. positive if its the length of the tool or negative if its off the part.
    depends on the program.