585,582 active members*
4,795 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Vectric > Aspire > Aspire vs Meshcam?

Aspire vs Meshcam?

Hey all, I'm wondering if any of you here that currently use Aspire have ever used MeshCAM?

Here is my situation:
    I want to be able to reproduce my carvings by using a cnc router. I currently use photogrammetry to digitize my projects and make them into a mesh file. I was considering using MeshCAM because I heard that you can simply load a 3D mesh file into it, hit generate toolpath, and away it goes! All the g-code is generated for you; sure it's not the most efficient, but hey, I'm a hobbyist, not a production shop. I just want to get my machine up and running.

What I'd like to know is if Aspire has that same type of "just push a button" magic? I know Aspire has a lot more other capabilities than MeshCAM which is why I'm looking at it.

Re: Aspire vs Meshcam?

MeshCAM is not quite that simple, but close.
    Personally, I think they are both about the same, as far as complexity goes. Neither is too difficult.

In Aspire, you just import the model, draw a rectangle around it, and generate the toolpath.

In either one, you still have to enter your stock size, choose tools, and set toolpath parameters.
    Is either one, you may need to move the model to the correct position in your stock, depending on how the model was created, and it's coordinates.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Aspire makes it simple. Never used Meshcam, But I have done several 3d projects with Aspire. I love it. You can slice the models, and do all kinds of stuff. I'd watch a few YouTube videos. But to answer your question, Yes can pretty much load a 3d mesh file, pick what tool you want to use, then preview the project before you decide if you want to make some adjustments or try different tools.