585,575 active members*
3,534 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Haas proccessor software problem

Question Haas proccessor software problem

I have a Haas VF-2 2005, two months ago we turned on the CNC, it did not reach the operating system, it only showed a number in hexadecimal.

A technician from Haas, gave us the diagnosis, the proccessor card was damaged.

We send the proccessor to repair, after repair, when the CNC turns on, it shows the software version (30.14)
    Ram Memory 1024k
    And a system symbol:
    >

In the next visit the technician of Haas told us that it was necessary to install the software, he left us a file list (m1318b.bin), and showed us how to install.

Type S38400 and then the F command

We have tried several times, but when the file starts to rise, on the screen we see:

Header Error

Any tip or idea to fix this problem?

Thanks!!

Re: Haas proccessor software problem

i hope you have resolved your problem, that command did not look correct to me.
    im including document regarding software load onto processor board.
    please be advise incorect commands can cause damage to your processor board. i would strongly advise to hire haas certify tech to do it for you.
    read carefull this document before you attempt anything.
    load software usually looks like that:
    clear flash memory - contains your " operating system M*****.bin"
    clear bbu memory _ battery backup unit -contains all your parameters offset, programs etc not usually required unless corrupted, think twice before clearing it
    set name of your software version N M*****.bin
    than method of upload, depending of where is your file , floppy, usb, rs232 you need to use differet command.

Good luck

btw s38400 only sets the band rate for rs232 comunication, if you uploading your software via rs232 make sure you are using xmodem protocol

I repair these processor bds all the time. If it was repaired properly as I do. You need to get Haas to install the OS for you. If you still have problems with the boards. You can send them to me and I can repair them and show you them running my my vf3 mill.
    Paul
    wisrepair.com

Paul - do you know anything about Haas instituting factory "lock outs" on their machines -- newer VF4s, in particular?

I don't know of any lock outs. Did you get the machine going?

Nacho007,

If you send me your boards and software, I can load the software for you with my vf3
    Paul