585,778 active members*
4,330 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Tormach Slant Lathe > Fusion 360 / Tormach Slant Pro - Front mounted tooling, X axis positive or negative

Fusion 360 / Tormach Slant Pro - Front mounted tooling, X axis positive or negative

I have a new slant pro. I have my students manually program as well as use fusion 360. In fusion, with the front tooling, it shows everything in the positive direction in terms of the x axis. When I post process, using the Tormach post processor, it shows all the x values as negative. I have not yet run the machine as we are still off for the summer I am just trying to plan for September and as the students begin by manually g coding I need to determine what is happening on the x axis.

Will they need to program x negative? ; If they are using front mounted tooling.

Why, if fusion is showing it as X positive moves, is the post processor showing x negative?

Many thanks

Rodney

Re: Fusion 360 / Tormach Slant Pro - Front mounted tooling, X axis positive or negati

It's set in the turret number used when you set up the tools (even if you're not using a turret). See the post processor notes.

"Turning post for Tormach PathPilot on Slant-PRO or RapidTurn. Use Turret 0 for Positional Turret, Turret 1 for QCTP on Front Post, Turret 2 for QCTP on Rear Post, Turret 3 for Gang Tooling on Front Post, Turret 4 for Gang Tooling on Rear Tool Post. Valid RapidTurn Turrets are 0/2/4."
    The Body Armor Dude - Andrew