584,841 active members*
4,656 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Okuma 3D simulation & CAS

Question Okuma 3D simulation & CAS

There was a question on 3D simulation. The following machines are available: turn L300, mill M460 / M560 / Millac, turnmill Multus.

On the lathe everything is fine. The workpiece is drawn:
    DEF WORK
    PS RC,[0, 0],[36, 12]
    END
    DRAW

On the milling machine. There is a question. I found two variants of the description:

1 Option
    CLEAR
    DEF WORK[1]
    ORIGIN H1
    CYLNDR 0P,[0,0],24,-17,1
    CYLNDR 0H,[0,0],08,-17,1
    END
    DRAW

The program works, but does not draw. Maybe in the parameters something is not worth it?

Option 2
    CLEAR
    DEF WORK
    PS LC,[0,0],[20,60]
    PS LC,[0,0],[20,20],0
    END
    DRAW

Here he swears at the wrong record. I copied the correct entry from the error description, but it still curses.

Here's how to properly record it and what to do to draw a workpiece?

On Multus. In the usual simulation window, the workpiece is registered as on the lathe and everything works. Here I wonder if it is possible to edit the workpiece in the CAS (Collision Avoidance System) in a similar manner in the code of the program, so as not to climb every time in the settings and edit the model. Well, at the same time, also need to edit the parameters with a cam based on the diameter of the workpiece.

I read all available manuals and did not find anything.
    Thank you in advance.

Re: Okuma 3D simulation & CAS

hello intersap, far as i have seen, there are 2 types of persons that use okuma's cas and 3dsimulation : those that can't program the machine without them, and those that can

cas & simulation requires additional time

simulation helps, because a skilled operator may see how the tool is moving, and sugest improvements; is this your case ? if you are simulating the process only to show it on the screen, then you may lose time, because there is no feedback; if i may, why do you need the on-screen simulation ?

cas helps, because it prevents colisions, but there are some system variables that can not be used if cas is activated; so cas helps if the operator is not skilled, and can not check a program to be free of colisions; is this your case ? if so, you may use a CAM to simulate the process; under some circumstances, this approach is much faster ...

i don't use cas & i don't use simulation, because i don't regard them as a must; but i have my safety procedures, that require less setup time

i am trying to say that you should be sure that you don't waste your time when you go using cas and simulation, and that there are faster alternatives

okuma's cas & 3d model require too much time to be setup, and they are included in the standard software package ( for some cncs ); however, main idea, is to simulate all the machining not being near the cnc, but far away : this is where 3dvm software kicks, and this is how the okuma's dream sites use this software, but this approach, even if it is faster, is not a common behaviour

so far, i have never encountered a skilled okuma programmer, that complains about cas & simulation, but many people complaining if there is a way to program the cnc in a faster way, asking if is it really necesary to use the cas & all those 3d graphics declarations / kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Re: Okuma 3D simulation & CAS

hello again about reducing 3d models creation time, i was once told that there is possible to create the models at a pc software, save them with a specific extension, and send them to the cnc

there is a limit number of triangles ( or edges, etc ), thus there is a limit for the shape complexity, otherwise cas will be overloaded and colision checking time may increase drastically

still, in most cases, putting the correct 3d model on "turret+chuck+tailstock live center" is a task that has to be done at the cnc

once done, this virtual setup can be saved ( for later use )

is good that the 3d model enviroment is there; maybe okuma will make it easier to use / kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg