584,800 active members*
4,693 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Networking Windows 10 to DOS 6.22 on the Milltronics Centurion 6 SBC
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Networking Windows 10 to DOS 6.22 on the Milltronics Centurion 6 SBC

Ho Nplolansky, It sounds like your machines has a 'super disk or a Zip drive attached, ( E

The Milltronics has the RS-23 on the inside cable already pinned for the "extra grounds" and basically a 3 wire connection.

DOS is a difficult connection to Win 10. It ( win 10) wants to control the "security" so much and DOS does not. So, Win 10 cries and screams like a little girl in a bug factory. That being said, the share folder should NEVER have access to the Inter net. It has to be limited to that folder and the machine. " Or Else" the big bad web WILL BITE YOU. HARD !

The other option is to add ( depending on how big you cad cam file are) 1. add my floppy emulator with zip file, ( ~4.5 MB file) zip it up and copy to the USB ( floppy, formatted drive ( 0-99 floppy sectors available) 2. add Multi function drive, that uses a IDE drive that uses higher density ( 2 GB) drive media, ( compact flash, SD card, memory stick etc) and copy to disk and load as usual. ( the IT people will be thankful)
    3. update the control to my "Super SBC control update: this has a "hot swappable USB ( thumb drive) That works in DOS. (not a small feat) (ask around)

contact me for more info on ANY of the options. or to Dis "cuss" how I can help.

sportybob

Quote Originally Posted by sportybob View Post
    . . .

the share folder should NEVER have access to the Inter net. It has to be limited to that folder and the machine.

. . . sportybob
    The share folder does not have access to the internet and the internet does not have access to it. It is as secure as any standard folder on a Windows 10 machine.

One would have the option of simply not connecting the windows laptop to the rest of your network and so the internet at large. And in fact there are a lot of machine shops where there is no WiFi signal accessible. In that case you would have to sneaker net your g-code to the laptop.

I said it before in this thread and I will reiterate, sportybob's hardware solutions for old Milltronics machines are a wonderful option for adding a USB drive to your mill.

Cheers
    SF

on my rh-19 i go in and it dont show a network key to hit will that only be on there when a cable is connected

Page 2 of 2 12