Hello,
I am new to this board, CNC, Machining, ... well everything!
My upcoming build:
- Precision Mattews PM-30MV. Should arrive in a couple of weeks.
- DMM DYN4 & 0.75KW Servo Motor for X,Y. Arrived
- DMM DYN4 & 0.75KW Servo Motor for Z axis with Holding Brake. Arrived
- DMM DYN4 & 1.8KW Servo Motor for Spindle motor. Arrived
- CNC Aluminum brackets and double nut ball screws kit from ArizonaVideo99. Being made.
- DMM power and control cables
- DMM encoder cable for Spindle to Acorn
- Acorn with Pro CNC software
- Dell Touchscreen all-in one.

Spent a LOT of time on youtube. Huge thanks to Youtube's Franko, ArizonaVideo99, CNC4XR7, martyscncgararge. These guys got me gluded to youtube. Right now, I am creating the wiring diagram, the hardest part for me. I am getting there. I have the control cabinet and most of the components to start wiring. Major thanks to DMM's Michael Tien for helping me with the Spindle Servo Motor and cables. Major thanks also to Franko and CNC4XR7 for hooking me on DMM and for the million videos on the PM-727 CNC conversion, most helpfull series of videos for newbies. Thanks also to martyscncgararge for a great variety of CNC videos, especially those on wiring.

Now comes the hard part, getting the PM30 in the basement and actuall doing the conversion. I also have to build a base/stand, learn welding, learn fusion 360 ... I am ecstatic and nervous at the same time.

Side note: I have ordered and received a brand new unopened Delta series M VFD (Single in/3 phase out 220 volts) and its matching braking resistor. Since I am going with DMM 1.8KWServo spindle, I don't need them anymore. Make me an offer if you want to buy them before they go on Ebay.

I also may be interested in selling the Motor that will come-off the PM30MV. It is a 2HP 3000 rpm 220V single phase DC Brushless motor.

__________________________________________________ _____________

First complication to solve: Acorn and DMM z-axis with or without Holding brake

Option 1
DMM 86mm Frame DHT 0.75kW AC Servo Motor With Key

Option 2
DMM 86mm Frame, 0.75kW, medium inertia with +24VDC holding brake

The diffrence between the two is the 24Volt holding brake. I ordered both, but I am returnign one of them,

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12D...HNI6nnnDKtu7ed

(I have to figure out how to insert the picture in the running text, it is not working, please see the link for now)

Two Questions:
1) Do I need a holding brake on the Z-axis Servo?

2) The two DMM Servo motors have the same frame, power and wiring, except for the extra aviation plug (please see red arrow in picture). It is a 3 pin plug. How does this get wired to the Acorn board?