585,752 active members*
3,831 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mach3 Pro Turn, no wizard

Hi I bought an older lathe CNC with WinXP box and it works if I hit RESET and zero zero via the keyboard
    It is registered if I go to Help, it does not say Demo but the previous owner

When I go to "Wizards", and click "Pick Wizard..." nothing happens.

I am suppose to see a list of wizards according to the manual.

Am I doing anything wrong?
    Is my installation corrupted?
    I find wizard files in the c:\mach3 directory

The latest file on the machine is from 2007
    Version of Mach3 is R2.56
    It not connected to the internet.

Also should I upgrade or will I risk ruining the setup?
    It does run loaded g-code and runs everything, I just want to run the wizard to learn.

Thanks

Re: Mach3 Pro Turn, no wizard

Save the complete Mach3 file folder to a zip drive. Get the latest Mach3 from there website "your latest XML file and Lic files must be saved" Now delete Mach3 from the computer. Do a search to make sure there are no references to Mach3 on the hard drive. Make a new folder Mach3 on the hard drive then copy the fresh Mach3 that you just downloaded to that folder on your C drive. Run the install then copy the XML and Mach1lic.dat files on the zip to the Mach3 folder on your C drive. Hopefully you should be up and running. There are numerous ways to do this just don't lose the Lic.dat file that is you holy grail the rest can be duplicated. I have had Mach lock up on me,and do crazy things but by saving all my data I can be up and running after a glitch. There is a optimization procedure on there website it help things running smoothly. I have no other programs except MasterCam on my shop computers. I don't run a lathe just a Big Bridgeport Boss 5 using Mach3. I have confused myself hopefully this helps.
    Again don't lose that Lic file.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by machinejack View Post
    Save the complete Mach3 file folder to a zip drive. Get the latest Mach3 from there website "your latest XML file and Lic files must be saved" Now delete Mach3 from the computer. Do a search to make sure there are no references to Mach3 on the hard drive. Make a new folder Mach3 on the hard drive then copy the fresh Mach3 that you just downloaded to that folder on your C drive. Run the install then copy the XML and Mach1lic.dat files on the zip to the Mach3 folder on your C drive. Hopefully you should be up and running. There are numerous ways to do this just don't lose the Lic.dat file that is you holy grail the rest can be duplicated. I have had Mach lock up on me,and do crazy things but by saving all my data I can be up and running after a glitch. There is a optimization procedure on there website it help things running smoothly. I have no other programs except MasterCam on my shop computers. I don't run a lathe just a Big Bridgeport Boss 5 using Mach3. I have confused myself hopefully this helps.
    Again don't lose that Lic file.
    Jack

Thanks,

The machine is 100% dedicated to the Lathe. There is another box just for the CNC.

If I do the upgrade, do I risk getting rid of the calibration settings? I know when you first set it up, you have to set the motor steppings and etc. I do not know how to do this (I can see the manual) but it looks complicated. I don't want to get rid of these settings. Do I need to save the calibration file if there is one and move it over also? What about anything else?

I really appreciate your reply thank you

That is why you save the latest XML file it will be named whatever the profile name is. Mine is "Bossman.XML" yous will be different. Could be Mach3.XML if it has not been renamed. Look for that. Setting the motor settings is not hard BUT you will not need to if you can find that xml file save it. I currently don't have Mach3 lathe set up. Give me a little bit and I will see if I can find my setup.

If you copy and paste your current "Machturn.xml" into a new installation you should have no problem. It holds all your current calibration data. Machturn.xml is what mine looks like though I don't have Turn loaded but the file's are still there. Wife's birthday is today so I am going to be out of pocket the rest of the day. If you have no success hang in there when I get back I will dump Mach on this computer and reload the complete Mach package I only try programs on here it's not hooked to a machine. I'm surprised no one else has piped in on this.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by machinejack View Post
    If you copy and paste your current "Machturn.xml" into a new installation you should have no problem. It holds all your current calibration data. Machturn.xml is what mine looks like though I don't have Turn loaded but the file's are still there. Wife's birthday is today so I am going to be out of pocket the rest of the day. If you have no success hang in there when I get back I will dump Mach on this computer and reload the complete Mach package I only try programs on here it's not hooked to a machine. I'm surprised no one else has piped in on this.
    Jack

Thanks this fixed my problem. I'm making flux capacitors now.

Thanks Dave glad your up and running. I'll try not to hurt my arm patting myself on the back.
    Jack