584,800 active members*
4,746 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Fadal will "slide hold" while running program on its own

Fadal will "slide hold" while running program on its own

I've had this issue come and go a couple times without resolution. While drip feeding it a program using DNC4U it will randomly slide hold. Some times it goes an hour, some times a few minutes. I can hit start and as long as it didn't time out it will keep running. I disabled the slide hold standalone button so it's not that. I have run programs this way with the exact same hardware and software for hundreds of hours without issue. The only thing I can think of is the keyboard is randomly sending the key.

I've seen others ask this without resolution. I don't have any door open detection. Anything I can do? Any possible work arounds?

Thanks!

Re: Fadal will "slide hold" while running program on its own

Grounding.

I had so many ghosts in my old shops. Especially when trying to drip feed or load from my Calmotion USB or serial laptops. My new shop has proper grounding and "cleaner" electricity and all my problems went away. If you can't find any noise or grounding issues check the connection between the keyboard or the slide hold button. Sometimes things work themselves loose. Good luck. Let us all know what you find.