584,837 active members*
5,391 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > CamWorks > Simple, but frustrating Toolpath Issue!?

Simple, but frustrating Toolpath Issue!?

Made a part, you can see what it is supposed to look like in first picture, then created the toolpath for it.
    For some reason, it is not running Toolpath lines 26 and 28 in the simulation (picture 2)
    Those lines are highlighted pink for some reason.
    The Part is symmetrical, and I even double checked by going back, splitting the sketch down the middle and Mirroring the side that the Toolpath worked on, then extruded the part again, created a new toolpath, but had same problem.

Am I missing something blatantly obvious?

Sorry for the simple questions, but I haven't done this in a couple of years so forgot a lot, and even then I was quite a beginner.
    Appreciate the help

Pictures

Here's the pictures in case people are cautious about the links
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sw1.jpg   sw2.jpg  

Re: Simple, but frustrating Toolpath Issue!?

Hard to tell without seeing the sketch. Try mirroring the toolpath since you have two that work okay.

Likely not the sketch anyway since it generated the operation.
    Could be anything from cutter comp on/off, no depth amount, etc.

Under your Leadin tab, un-select "Gouge check" and see if that helps. I've noticed sometimes you may have too much of a leadin or out to where its trying to start the toolpath where it will gouge the part. If you un-select Gouge check you'll see that. I've also changed my leadin type to Perpendicular with a .01" leadin amount with 0 overlap and it will generate (lead out "same as leadin") See if that helps.

Did you generate the operations? If it was a simulation issue, it should've prompted an error. If you generated your toolpaths and they are staying pink. Then it's an issue with your toolpath definitions.