584,871 active members*
5,191 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > EDM Discussion General Topics > I need to modify the program to move the burn location

I need to modify the program to move the burn location

Good afternoon,
    My name is Bill and I am new to this forum. I started working on a Mitsubishi wire EDM machine and know next to nothing about G Code. If someone would have the patience to answer my questions, I’d appreciate it.
    I need to modify the program to move ( just a few thousandths) the burn location in the Y axis.
    I have a program that cuts a slot into 8 separate parts. The 8 parts are on the same fixture. When the first part is burned, the head advances (in the Y direction, towards the back ) to the next part. The fixture is located on the right edge of the table. The parts are aligned on the Y axis (About .8 inches apart), with the x axis position the same for all of the parts.
    In my program (I will attach it if I can; If not, I will paste it below) I have added comments on what I think is going on.
    I don’t understand why there are G90 and G92 Codes at lines N10 & N11. I know the G90 needs to go before the G92 (I get that). N10 has the same XY coordinates as N2.
    Question 1: What I don’t get is, what the G92 actually does, or why it is needed.
    My guess is, it has something to do with the start and end of the cut of the slot.
    Question 2: If I add .020” the Y value to the move at N13, do I need to add .020” to the G92 command at Line N26?
    This is a program that was written by someone else. If I have time to rewrite it, I will have a main program that loops a subroutine.
    Attached Files Attached Files