584,833 active members*
5,610 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: E Bay laser

E Bay laser

I took a chance on buying a laser off E Bay. I already had a smaller LG500 so I thought I could handle fixing it if I needed to. I bought one of the 130 watt HL lasers from Goldraydigital and everything went very smooth with the purchase. It was paid for it on July 13 and I received it on July 17 that included a weekend. I uncrated it and plugged it in and gave it a test file to cut. I had to adjust the mirrors just a little but it cut and engraved great. I had a problem with the chiller fans not running and I let them know they were very helpful and had me run some test and video them. The told me it was the first time both fans had failed but they shipped me 2 new ones. I installed them and everything is working fine. Would I use them again YES great customer service and very prompt..

Re: E Bay laser

hi
    yes we have 2 , one is a 700 x 500 60w and the other is a 1300 x 900 130w and although people seem to be quick to diss these suppliers we have also found that customer service is there.
    and yes they do need tweaking when they are delivered after that they normally work fine and I feel its the people that slag these machine down is usually "operator error"

Dave

Hi,
    I am looking at 1000x600 130W HL laser cutter with Ruida controller.
    The current version has linear guides on the X axis but not the Y axis (not upgradeable)
    Anything I should be aware of before I pull the trigger?
    Thanks
    David

The only thing is if you don't have a business address it will cost you more in shipping. I had mine shipped to the place I worked for and then I pick it up from there. Mine has the linear guides on the X and round ones on the Y but that is fine. Check out the sellers store and compare the prices as they do some creative pricing using the shipping. I got mine for more then $100 less by comparing all the 130 watt units they had. I am very satisfied with the laser and Goldraydigital's customer service.

Thanks

What were you engraving?
    How fine a line will it make?

I need to engrave black powder coat on aluminum, think this will work?

Thanks.