584,862 active members*
5,558 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Meshcam Art?

Meshcam Art?

Hi, i was wondering if anyone knows if there is a trial version of meshcam art yet? I enjoy using meshcam and would like to try art. I looked on the website but couldnt find it.
    Thanks, Ryan

If you send an email to Robert he may give you a 60 day trial. A few months ago he was giving them to whoever asked on the meshCAM Yahoo group.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I just got onto thier website and saw they do indeed have 60-day free trials for both versions.
    So far I am extremely impressed. I am looking for inexpensive software for specific tasks and this looks like a great solution in an area not well covered by other software.
    I am spoiled using Artcam, so in many ways this is really quite limited and clunky in comparison, but I am impressed in the number and manner of things it can do for the cost that little else can except the the big dollar software.

BTW - Does anyone know if there are any other programs out there that use this "color" concept for manipulating the 3D? I find it quite fast and intuitive to teach to artists over some of the more technical methods.

I'm glad you like the MeshCAM Art trial. It is going to be more limited than ArtCAM but I hope that the learning curve is proportionally smaller in exchange. If you have any suggestion then I'd be curious to hear them- I'm always looking for new features as long as they don't add to the learning curve.

-Robert
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)