584,808 active members*
5,285 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: TC55H

Smile TC55H

Unlike many people on this site my CNC experience has been rather like walking through a darkened forest during a fog. While I have been able to add a wheel cutting program to my mill for making wheels for clocks, I have not had a need to look at writing my own G code.

On one visit to this site one of the responses suggested that stand alone CNC controller might be of use because he uses one in his business. So I bought one to see if I could use it to control the two steppers I had just installed on my Taig lathe. The model I bought is a TC55H. It would be an understatement to say that the manual that came with it is not really very helpful for a newbie.

I have been able to get the test system to run to prove that the steppers will work but am struggling with some of the basics. One instruction for example tells me that if I adjust the MPG wheel positively the steppers will JOG in one direction and if I adjust it negatively it will jog in the other direction. So far I have not been able to get the motors to reverse.

I have searched the web looking for you tubes and any other user friendly help without much success. I am curious to know if anybody on the forum can point me in a direction that can fill in some gaps. While it is true that the Chinese are making some pretty good stuff now, their instruction manuals lack cohesion and leave a lot to be desired.

Any help would, as always, be appreciated.

Woodie

Re: TC55H

Hi Woodie, did you find out what the problem was/is? I'm having exactly the same issue. I've been battling with cheap USB / 4 axis drivers to get around my CNC 3040's parallel port issue, but to no avail. Finally I too bought one of these TC55Hs and am just aching to get on a do some milling, but in one direction only? I think my wiring's right, but I struggle with the ins and outs of common grounds ignoring enable signals etc. etc. I just want the bloody thing to cut stuff.

Two signals from the TC55H to the motor controller are required for bi-directional motion: Step and Direction. In the manual I found for connection, it showed a signal and gnd (pul+ and pul-) for the step signal (pulse) and only a dir+ wire. I'm thinking that if that is what you used as a wiring guide, the gnd for the direction (dir-) is also required. There is an extra line in the middle of nowhere on the schematic that I assume was intended to be the dir- wire.

Thanks Roger, I'm still rather confused though. I don't suppose you or anyone knows of a good English manual for this controller? The Chinglish version that seems to be reproduced all over the internet is criminally lacking. I bet, if you were to read the original Chinese manual, it wouldn't be that much clearer to a Chinese speaker!

I'm really getting fed up of throwing time and money at this 'white elephant' now.

Sorry, I don't know any.

Bought TC55h, trying to use input port but can't find information on how to write the g-code program, any help will be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by BALLSCREWPRO View Post
    Bought TC55h, trying to use input port but can't find information on how to write the g-code program, any help will be appreciated
    This has more pages than the manual from Lollette. Hopefully has the info you neeed.
    https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1202476/Topcnc-Tc55h.html?page=18#manual

https://docplayer.net/48970937-Topcn...-contacts.html

Hi guys,

I am Richard from The Netherlands and I have successfully converted my 1987 EMCO F1 CNC mill with new Nema 23 steppers, drivers, and the TC55H controller, including proximity limit switches.

It all works like a charm.
    I just don’t know how to post photos here yet.
    If you have any questions, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard_E View Post
    Hi guys,

I am Richard from The Netherlands and I have successfully converted my 1987 EMCO F1 CNC mill with new Nema 23 steppers, drivers, and the TC55H controller, including proximity limit switches.

It all works like a charm.
    I just don’t know how to post photos here yet.
    If you have any questions, let me know.
    Hi Richard, My tc55h usb cannot read file or import file into the controller, do you manually key in gcode file. Thanks Chan