584,874 active members*
5,364 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > CNC (Mill / Lathe) Control Software (NC) > TNC 155 Heidenhein English EPROM and what software to use for controlling it

TNC 155 Heidenhein English EPROM and what software to use for controlling it

Hi,

I am very new to this CNC thing and I have acguired myself TNC 155 Heidenhain to get started with CNC.
    But I have run into a few issues, I have no idea to use the machine and it is in Dutch language. Is there EPROM in English available for it? What type of EPROM it has? Can anybody send me their dumps to see if it could be easily translated to English?

What can be this machine used for? How it can be connected with a computer? What software it needs and how to use it? Any information is helpful.

Best regards,
    Mikk

Re: TNC 155 Heidenhein English EPROM and what software to use for controlling it

You will need to find some documentation if you really want to use this control. It is an old control now and no longer supported but there will be manuals out there. The language can be changed by altering a parameter. Are you sure it has not lost its parameters due to a flat battery, often controls will default to another language though if this happens. Are you sure it is Dutch and not German. You can connect to a computer using the standard RS 232 interface and this control should drip feed. Also these controls can be programmed in either "G" code (ISA) or Heidenhain's own programming language. They are usually fitted to milling machines or VMC's dependent on model. Without the manuals you are going to be struggling, even more so if the parameters are lost, even if they are still there they will need to be changed to suit whatever you are using it for, copying parameters from other machines is not likely to work.

Re: TNC 155 Heidenhein English EPROM and what software to use for controlling it

Hi, It sounds like as has been suggested already that the 'Back up' battery has gone flat, If so you will have lost all your maintenance parameters, I have a 151 control the model before so even older!! but the same apart from you have graphics, Old but still does a good job. Sounds like it's gone back to German which is it's default, You'll need to go into parameters press MOD button, go to parameters & put in code, I'll have a look to see what it is, Then you need to find parameter to change back into whatever language you want, I think I've got a manual that I downloaded, If I have & can find the link I'll post it for you, I have also have (I don't know what they're called) some 'memory cells? come loose they're in the back of the monitor cabinet (Mine are It's a Bridgeport Mk1 series 2 Interact)I got my electrician mate to have a look & he said they'd just come out a fraction so pushed them back in (I was nearly in tears watching him do that!!) But it worked. I'll have a look for the manual, Barrie.

MP92:
    - Decimal character in program output via V24.
    - Selection of first dialog language (German, French, Italian, Spanish, Swedish, Finnish or Dutch) or the second dialogue language (English) As of Software version02
    - Control check of power on

Entry values:
    0 : Decimal comma, first dialogue language
    1 : Decimal point, first dialogue language
    2 : Decimal comma, second dialogue language
    3 : Decimal point, second dialogue language

If 2 is added to the previous entry value: basic language English
    If 4 is added: no memory check
    If 8 is added: no clheck sum test (the check sum test during operation of control remains unaffectecl)