585,685 active members*
4,511 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Acramatic 2100 - loading err

Acramatic 2100 - loading err

Good morning,

Our factory is located in Chisinau, Republic of Moldova.

Our company produces molds for plastic molding.

We use two machines: YangEagle SMV-1000 and YangEagle SMV-600, both with Acramatic 2100 CNC control.

We had problems with electricity, after which both machines were out of work.

We assume that the hard drives are broken.

We can buy two new hard drives, but we don't have any disc or disckete with the operating system/CNC control system.

Can someone send us a copy (clone) of HDD disc for thise machines? Ore can you help us some other way?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WP_20180605_10_12_08_Pro.jpg  

The Yang machines will have a different software than the Cincinnati's, Tree, etc. Although they shared the same base software, there were several versions of that as well, and the Machine specific software will be dependent on the base software version you were running.

Your best bet is to contact Yang and/or Siemens to try and get the hard drive with the software pre-loaded. From my experience, the A2100 wasn't a common control from Yang, so there probably aren't very many machines with the software you would need.

Thx, i tried to contact Yang (didn't respond)and Siemens, and LeKtroniX, but no one is able to help. I found on ebay used disk with similar labeling software and now waiting for delivery.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0-02-04-dfef3dbf4d58827cf1d1428e658df5b380c2cabfbf28edc8461a6e9f7e0ca5b1_full.jpg  
    Last edited by VolvoNick; 08-21-2018 at 08:07 AM.

Just one more comment for you to hopefully avoid a possible issue. Since you asked about cloning the hard drive, the file system on these is FAT, not NTFS. If you install the A2100 hard drive in a Windows computer to clone (or test) it, it will automatically be "upgraded" to NTFS, which is not compatible with the A2100, so it will no longer work.

Thx for information!

Quote Originally Posted by maver1ck View Post
    Just one more comment for you to hopefully avoid a possible issue. Since you asked about cloning the hard drive, the file system on these is FAT, not NTFS. If you install the A2100 hard drive in a Windows computer to clone (or test) it, it will automatically be "upgraded" to NTFS, which is not compatible with the A2100, so it will no longer work.
    Hy there! So we cloned the hard drive in FAT and it's working. But we loss the activation code of 4MB memory option. Do you have one, i can buy it from you, if it works. I wrote to Manufacturer, but he didn't respond.

Quote Originally Posted by VolvoNick View Post
    Hy there! So we cloned the hard drive in FAT and it's working. But we loss the activation code of 4MB memory option. Do you have one, i can buy it from you, if it works. I wrote to Manufacturer, but he didn't respond.

The option purchases are specific to the control serial number, so can not be transferred to another machine.

You wouldn't lose the activation of any options by making a clone of your own hard drive. If the clone was of a hard drive from a different machine, the activation code on the hard drive would be for that control, not yours.

The only company that can provide you with the activation code for your control is Siemens as it is the current owner of the Acramatic products. The phone number is 800-879-8079, but I am not sure how they will feel about providing the activation code for a hard drive you did not purchase from them. If you buy the hard drive from them the activation code automatically comes with it.

The option purchases are specific to the control serial number, so can not be transferred to another machine.

You wouldn't lose the activation of any options by making a clone of your own hard drive. If the clone was of a hard drive from a different machine, the activation code on the hard drive would be for that control, not yours.

The only company that can provide you with the activation code for your control is Siemens as it is the current owner of the Acramatic products. The phone number is 800-879-8079, but I am not sure how they will feel about providing the activation code for a hard drive you did not purchase from them. If you buy the hard drive from them the activation code automatically comes with it.
    Look what they wrote to me:

"Dear Sirs,

unfortunately these controller Acromatic 2100 it's a very old one (90s years) and we haven't any solution to recovery the lost software."

Now we are working within 144KB.

Re: Acramatic 2100 - loading err

what do you mean by "Now we are working within 144KB" ? I assume that you only have 144kb of program storage?

Yes, only 144KB. Do you have an idea how to crack this option? :-)
    Last edited by VolvoNick; 09-20-2018 at 12:36 PM.

I'm not sure who you contacted to get that response, but the control is still fully supported by Siemens. If you don't want to call the phone number I provided, you can try e-mailing them at [email protected]. They will need the control serial number from you.

yes, one of my machines only has this amount of storage.

first off, you need a network card installed in the machine. you do not need to have networking option purchased to do this.

second, share a folder on the machines hard drive. you will transfer your programs to this folder from your cam computer (i suppose you could transfer programs from floppy to the hard drive as well, but who has time for that)

third, hit programs...transfer program ... transfer program in ... advanced ... register external... browse... (goto the folder you shared, and select the nc program to run) ..then register external.

hope this works. its been working for me for close to 8 years.

I'm not sure who you contacted to get that response, but the control is still fully supported by Siemens. If you don't want to call the phone number I provided, you can try e-mailing them at [email protected]. They will need the control serial number from you.

The [email protected] wrote:

"Good morning,

You must go through Siemens within your country. We cannot quote you as you are not in the United States. Thank you."

So I wrote to nearest siemens support in Romania and the told me that Acromatic 2100 it's a very old one (90s years) and they haven't any solution to recovery the lost software

Thx, i just find this method in internet https://www.cnczone.com/forums/cinci...ms-laptop.html and it's yours)) i will try!

Quote Originally Posted by coop31 View Post

first off, you need a network card installed in the machine. you do not need to have networking option purchased to do this.

second, share a folder on the machines hard drive. you will transfer your programs to this folder from your cam computer (i suppose you could transfer programs from floppy to the hard drive as well, but who has time for that)

third, hit programs...transfer program ... transfer program in ... advanced ... register external... browse... (goto the folder you shared, and select the nc program to run) ..then register external.

Thx, i just find this method in internet https://www.cnczone.com/forums/cinci...ms-laptop.html and it's yours)) i will try!

Quote Originally Posted by coop31 View Post

Thx a lot, i already saw this method on internet, and it's yours)

By the way, where did you find Ethernet card with ISA bus???

[email protected] wrote to me:

"Good morning,

You must go through Siemens within your country. We cannot quote you as you are not in the United States. Thank you."

After that i wrote to nearest siemens support in Romania and got this:

"Dear Sirs,

unfortunately these controller Acromatic 2100 it's a very old one (90s years) and we haven't any solution to recovery the lost software."

Quote Originally Posted by VolvoNick View Post
    By the way, where did you find Ethernet card with ISA bus???
    Buy an intel isa network card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk