584,842 active members*
4,214 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BobCAD CAM V31 Just Released!

BobCAD CAM V31 Just Released!

Hello Everyone!

The New V31 has just been released, New ribbon bar interface, New post processing features, New toolpath options and more!

Use this link to learn about V31 and what it can do for you! >>>>>>>>>>> https://bit.ly/2BDguKI

Attachment 400602
    Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

Re: BobCAD CAM V31 Just Released!

Evolution of CAD CAM

Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

I’m not sure if it is the advert in the way but I can only see 1/2 of the video. I’m on a new iPad.

if it all works with little bugs,,,BobCad is up with the Big Guys now,,,looks at a glance,,terrific

That fixed it Thanks! It figures a new version would come out my son and I bought v30 about 4/5 months ago!

Hello Al

This looks to be a massive release/upgrade.

I am running V30 3 axis premium, would it be possible/safe for me to do the demo download for V31 and run it along side my V30, I don't want my V30 screwed over though.

Best regards

Barrie
    Barrie @ Composite Specialities Ltd. using BobCAD V29 Mill 3 axis Pro, Geomagic Design, Bricscad V16 and MOI V3

Barrie

I would say it is fine, on my old PC before it died I had V23,V24,V25(Demo),V26,V27(Demo)V28,V29(Demo),V30(D emo) and never had any issues, each version is a full "stand alone" program and doesn`t interconnect with any other version.

Be aware, it is very, very different, I have been spending hours clicking here there and everywhere finding my way around

Regards
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine Guy View Post
    Barrie

Be aware, it is very, very different, I have been spending hours clicking here there and everywhere finding my way around

Regards
    Rob
    Rob

You are quite right it is very different, this version must have been a huge amount of work by Bobcad, the difference in CAD is like 'night and day', up to and including v30 there were some very good features in Bobcad, particulary relating to trimming, these are all retained, snap points were not good previously but now the snap points are intuative and seemless.

I have not tried the CAM side yet but all dialog boxes look the same as before, which is good as the CAM side was very solid.

Barrie
    Barrie @ Composite Specialities Ltd. using BobCAD V29 Mill 3 axis Pro, Geomagic Design, Bricscad V16 and MOI V3

Can I hand write code and have Bobs simulator backplot it, or is it for Bob generated code only. My V29 preditor would only do currently generated toolpath. Not even something Bob generated yesterday. Trial wont do posting so there is no way to tell!

Quote Originally Posted by LeWhite View Post
    Can I hand write code and have Bobs simulator backplot it, or is it for Bob generated code only. My V29 preditor would only do currently generated toolpath. Not even something Bob generated yesterday. Trial wont do posting so there is no way to tell!
    They need a header setup in the code. Also, predator has to be launched from BobCad (license). Not sure if the new moduleworks nc editor will "standalone launch" and be licensed outside of BobCad. I can test in a bit.

I wonder if "fillets" is any better
    spent more down time on that one thing than all others combined

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    They need a header setup in the code. Also, predator has to be launched from BobCad (license). Not sure if the new moduleworks nc editor will "standalone launch" and be licensed outside of BobCad. I can test in a bit.
    If Bob posts code and I save it in my.nc folder how do I put the code back into v29 preditor or modwks v31 and backplot

Quote Originally Posted by LeWhite View Post
    If Bob posts code and I save it in my.nc folder how do I put the code back into v29 preditor or modwks v31 and backplot
    Ctrl+a.....Ctrl+c .....Ctrl+v

Looks like the header is a file generated by the system off of post processor variables that need to be in the post...

I!ll look into if there is any way to generate the header manually... it is basically the work, coords, offsets, tooling etc. That nc editor needs for a backplot and verification...

Predator had a means for us to hand write this when needed.

As a side note, the nc editor has a full machine definition and model setup like the simulation! So, backplottimg CODE against your machine build!

Oh sweet!!!!