We are a small aerospace machine shop. We use buffing pads on everything we make, one time over with a coarse pad and then one time over with a softer pad. The drone of the handheld buffers is constantly heard throughout the shop. 15 to 20 operators are constantly sitting down buffing a part while machines run the next one. Is this normal? I've hear about other shops not buffing at all. If I can get us away from buffing we would save so much time and money. I would say most of our parts are round rings under 8" with bosses, lips, extrusions. I've read that vibrating could help but from our experience, it doesn't get off all the burs or round all the edges enough. It would also be extremely expensive to get 8 vibrating machines. We also run some pretty large parts up to 30" x 20". Is programming the issue? do people run chamfers at the end of a part to take off all the sharp edges? What about swirls from end mills left on the flat surfaces? Is it normal to see Aluminum dust settling all over everything in the shop because of constant buffing?