585,712 active members*
4,418 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Partner 00 - knee mill, control issues

Partner 00 - knee mill, control issues

Hello, first post for me here!

I bought a Milltronics Partner 00 over the weekend. The machine is in great shape, but has sat for about five years since the previous owner died. I tested it before I bought it, and it was stuck on a CMOS battery error - no biggie, but I didn't have a keyboard with to get past it, so I bought it, hauled it home, and hooked it up to power tonight.

Unfortunately, I am stuck on two issues, first error is: "FDC Failure" (see image).

I'm guessing this is the "Floppy Disk Controller" - so, since I'm not loading/booting from floppy, I'll ignore and press F1.

Then I get the following error (see image):

"Booting from SIMDisk" - "Disk Boot Failure".

What are my options here? Next steps to resolve or further troubleshoot?

Thanks in advance!

-Ben
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mill1.jpg   mill2.jpg  
    Last edited by bencarlson; 08-24-2018 at 11:34 AM.

Re: Partner 00 - knee mill, control issues

Your images are not showing. If you got a CMOS battery error, It could be that you will need to reconfigure the BIOS and tell it what to boot from.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Thanks @JimDawson - I'm not sure what's up with the images, but I've re-attached them, instead of trying to have the inline.

I was thinking the same thing - that maybe the drives weren't configured properly in the BIOS, but I see that it's set to boot from disks in order: "A, C" (so floppy then HDD/SIMDisk), and everything looks okay to be otherwise - granted I've not messed with a 486 since I was in high school 20+ years ago! I'll try to snag some photos of the BIOS screens today and post them, maybe there's something in there I'm missing. I'm also going to reach out to Milltronics and see if they have any thoughts. I might try re-seating the boards to the motherboard, as I know sometimes when things sit, they just don't work as well...

Thanks!

-Ben
    Last edited by bencarlson; 08-24-2018 at 12:15 PM.