584,830 active members*
6,021 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Review - My Arclight ArcrPro 12000 CNC Plasma

I was going to start a build thread but I realised that my ArcPro 1200 5x10 CNC Plasma was delivered Turn Key so I guess it is more of a review.

I have seen a few people asking about the machines so thought I would start a thread to help some people out.

I have had a bit to do with CNC Machines and Plasma tables in particular. I had a Torchmate for many years and learnt a lot about what was good and bad when it came to tables.

When it came time to upgrade I look at all the usual suspects and ended up with a clear winner in an ArcPro 12000. I got it with all the fruit, Hypertherm Powermax 85, Router, Plate Marker, Pipe / Tube Notcher and still had change left over from what most others wanted for just their base table.

When it arrived it was shipped in an enclosed trailer, arrived on time and in perfect condition, even had wheels on it so I could push it around. Although push is a nice word I almost busted my ass trying to wheel it on the soft ass SOCAL dirt.

So far after checking it out I am very happy, I should have it fired up in the next week or so and can provide more feedback on its performance then. Based on what I have seen so far and the support Scott at ArcLight has given me I am a very happy customer. As far as a turn key system goes it looks to be th egoods and the quaility and design seems very good.

The things is huge. I will get exact measurements but OD was about 12 ft long and 7ft wide to give me a full 5 x 10 ft cutting surface.

I had to cut a wall out to get it in, but meh you get that.

Computer, software etc all comes with it in a nice box which uses posative air presure through a filter to keep the dust out.

damn it looks small in that room, the room is 12ft deep and she fills it from wall to wall

Your Arc Light table and you Hypertherm 85 plasma will work with our new DCC (Dynamic Cut Control) feature. It lets you store the plasma parameters in the SheetCAM JOB file (things like the Preset Volts for that material, the DTHC Delay time, and if you have the optional RS485 kit from Hypertherm and our Advanced Connection Kit, you can even control the Cut current and air pressure presets. When you load a file all of the settings are loaded for you. It even tells you which nozzle size you should be using. The Tool table in Sheetcam becomes your Cut Chart. I won't go into all of the other stuff you can do with it because it sounds like fiction.

You do need updated versions of MACH3 and SheetCAM TNG and our updated installer. Everything is FREE. I know you have some time ahead setting up the table and getting it tuned in but Scott can give you lot of help for that.

If you want to read more about the DCC features go to the New Products tab on my website and the DCC install manual tab. Get the manual and it will show you some examples of the new tools in SheetCAm and for using the DCC.

TOMcaudle
    www.CandCNC.com

Quote Originally Posted by Torchhead View Post
    Your Arc Light table and you Hypertherm 85 plasma will work with our new DCC (Dynamic Cut Control) feature. It lets you store the plasma parameters in the SheetCAM JOB file (things like the Preset Volts for that material, the DTHC Delay time, and if you have the optional RS485 kit from Hypertherm and our Advanced Connection Kit, you can even control the Cut current and air pressure presets. When you load a file all of the settings are loaded for you. It even tells you which nozzle size you should be using. The Tool table in Sheetcam becomes your Cut Chart. I won't go into all of the other stuff you can do with it because it sounds like fiction.

You do need updated versions of MACH3 and SheetCAM TNG and our updated installer. Everything is FREE. I know you have some time ahead setting up the table and getting it tuned in but Scott can give you lot of help for that.

If you want to read more about the DCC features go to the New Products tab on my website and the DCC install manual tab. Get the manual and it will show you some examples of the new tools in SheetCAm and for using the DCC.

TOMcaudle
    www.CandCNC.com
    Wow thanks for that Tom, I have only just gotten back to this but after a few minutes on the phone with Scott yesterday the table is now fullt functional and after doing some callibration testing I am very happy with the accuracy it has shown. Hopefully I will be finished the wire run for the new 100amp service in the next few days and then I can spark up the Plasma and start cutting some sheet, I can hardly wait.

So far I am more than happy with the quality and the after sales service. I will comment more once I have some sparks flying.

As for the software upgrades, well as soon as I understand whatever you just said I will be sure to follow up on them

I'm glad to see this post. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a CNC plasma setup and I've been debating between geting a gantry kit from Precision Plasma with electronics from CandCNC or just buying the arclight complete table like you have done.
    Have you started cutting yet?
    Any more feedback? Would you buy it again?
    May I ask what you paid for the table with all the options you mentioned?
    Any plans to do any routing with the table?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by joeelutz View Post
    I'm glad to see this post. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a CNC plasma setup and I've been debating between geting a gantry kit from Precision Plasma with electronics from CandCNC or just buying the arclight complete table like you have done.
    Have you started cutting yet?
    Any more feedback? Would you buy it again?
    May I ask what you paid for the table with all the options you mentioned?
    Any plans to do any routing with the table?

Thanks.
    Hi,

Haveing been down a few paths over the years I wish I had just bought an ArcLight in the first place, granted they didn't exist when I started out in CNC Plasma but you get what I mean.

My Arclight ArcPro gives faith to the term turn key .. I took it out of the box, leveled it, plugged it in, loaded a DXF and pressed Start .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbfVavG9MK0]ArcLightIsAlive - YouTube[/ame]

It doesn't get any better than that.

I have now pumped through 4 sheets of 12guage making gates, brackets, mounts and playing around. I am very happy with the product and the support which I have received.

I had not used Mach3 Software or Sheetcam before, I simply watched the videos Scott from Acrlight makes and it was simple. I had a few idiot moments and I simply rang Scott and he had me sorted in no time flat.

What did I pay - unlike some all the prices are on the website, I paid that plus $1000 delivered to my door. It rolled out the back of the trailer ready to plug and go.

If you want any more info feel free to ask. I had a Torchamte System before and got sick of their over inflated prices.

I would happily buy another machine from AcrLight, but looking at the build quaility I don't think I will need to anytime soon ...

Thanks for the reply. Any plans to add a router to the table?

Quote Originally Posted by joeelutz View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Any plans to add a router to the table?
    Funnily enough I have the Router, Plate Marker and Tube Notcher Attachment for it so yeah I will be chipping wood

Good to see the good review.. I looked at these this last summer and thought they were a great machine. I spent a couple hours at their shop and I was pretty impressed. I would really like to get one, but I am torn because my son uses a plasmacam at school and really likes their software, Said it is so easy to design stuff and get it cut. I am hooping to make a decision sometime after the first of the year. Just not sure

Well it has been a while time for an update.

Firstly Scoot and the Boys at ArcLight have been exceptional with Customer service and follow up. I would go as far as to say they have gone well beyond what could be expected.

So the support for the table is great, the table is also great. I have been more than happy with it and recently sold it to a friend who needed one in a hurry, of course the same day it sold I ordered another one and again have been very happy with it.

I have used the Plasma, Router and Engraver and all have worked well. This time I went up to ArcLight and picked it up myself and did some training with Scott, well worth the effort and I learnt a lot, that boy knows a thing or two about Plasma's. I highly recommend doing the training and wish I did it when I got my first one.

I then put the new 5 x 10, which was the same one I used in training so I knew it was good to go, into the trailer and hauled it home. Must have been a rough ride and I had a few small issues when I first set it up. Again quick call to Scott and it was all sorted. I even emailed him on a Saturday with a small issue and he rang me back that day. Ended up needing a part and he had it in the mail first thing Monday. All the issues I had where related to shipping and my lack of attention to tieing it down. Funnily enough the first one I had Scott ship and it had no issues at all. Guess I should have known better when we had to stretch the sides of the trailer out an inch or so to get the bare table in ( note to self read website dimensions before tryting to get a 5 x 10 in a 7 x 14 box trailer)

Having dealt with both Torchmate and Plasma Cam in the past to date I have found my dealings with ArcLight a very refreshing change, kind of like what it was like dealing with Torchmate back in the early days before they got money hungry and non customer focused.

So I am a happy customer and if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask. If you are thinking of buying a CNC Plasma you can't go past ArcLight for quality, cost and service.

I have no affiliation with ArcLight apart from being a satisfied customer.

5 Stars :banana:

Hi BarnFab,

I've been researching several cnc tables and I have narrowed it down between ArcLight and LDR. However I'm leaning toward the ArcLight 4x8 table. It just looks like a cleaner setup with the attached computer stand. Although I do like the bladder table with LDR's table.

Anyway, I have a few questions for you. First, do you like the water tray that comes with the ArcLight and how often do you have to adjust the water level. Second, how was the shipping with the first machine you bought from Arclight. Did you have to unload it with a forklift or was you able to roll it off the truck?

Thanks

I have had no issues with the water table, it even comes stock with a drain valve should you need it. I never adjust the water level as such. I will add water but that is due to evaporation and splash etc. I hardly ever add anymore anti rust though as it doesn't seem to evaporate. I leave it in regardless of what I am cutting and if I am using the router I have some sheet of plywood cut up to cover it and hold my work piece.

The shipping was great, Scott arrange a nice lady who did Holeshot so it was loaded in Bend and delivered to my door. The table come with adjustable wheels so she simply backed up and we wheeled the 5 x 10 out of her trailer, down the ramp and into my shop. I plugged it in and was cutting within an hour or so. With my second one I unloaded it on my own and got it into position etc no probs. The wheels make it a simple job.

The attached computer cabinet is a great asset and keeps the setup nice and clean without needing to find places to put stuff. As it is filtered the computer stays clean and doesn't have any issues with dust etc.

Thanks for replying. It's really nice to hear from someone using the machine. How do you like the router? Is the router software pretty good? Have you used the pipe cutter yet?

I used the router and it works fine. It is a learning curve from the Plasma as at the end of the day I am a steel guy lol. The software is easy to use and the Arclight Profile and training takes care of any issues.

Haven't used the pip cutter yet so can't comment on that. I did use the plate marker though and combined with the plasma in the same g-code it made putting part numbers on items and then cutting them out sweet .

Thanks again. Your input has been a huge help. I'm really leaning to buy one. I'm thinking of getting the 4x8 table, hypertherm powermax 65 torch, plate marker, double slats, & the air filtration kit. The router and tube cutter will have to come later as finances do.

Well it had been a few more months and many more sheets of steel and alloy. I have still had no issues to speak of and am very happy with the table. After dragging my feet I finally watched Scott's tutorial on Contours and layers in Sheet Cam and was them able to run my Plate Marker and the Plasma in the same Mach 3 session off the same g-code. That was in one word awesome.

I was then able to do what I have been meaning to for ages which was pump out a pile of parts with numbers engraved on them and better still cut parts with fold lines on them for my press brake tooling. For anyone who does sheet work that saves so much time in markup it is worth it weight in gold.

Anyway just though I would post a progress report and let anyone who is interested know that table is still going well and has a big thumbs up

Re: Review - My Arclight ArcrPro 12000 CNC Plasma

Well it has been almost 2 years with an ArcLight now and I have burned through literally hundreds of sheets of material from 1mm to 20mm thick without issues.

After doing the training with Scott earlier this year a lot of the issues I thought I had turned out to be user error and his understanding was very impressive. After spending the day with him it made me appreciate how nice it was to deal with a guy who did CNC Tables and CNC Tables alone. It really highlighted the issues I face in trying to cover so many areas of fabrication and with CNC stuff being what it is you so often pull up at getting a useable product rather than getting a VERY usable product.

Having a 10 x 5 table allows me to have several sizes of material on the table at once and this works perfectly in my business as I do a lot of odd stuff and being able to simple transit over to the size I want and cut the bracket etc is well worth the space I loose.

The pendant is about the only thing I hate and it is junk. Scott offered to take it back but by then I had hit it with a hammer and turned it off so I didn't think sending it back was an option.

Having the plate marker on all the time when using it is a PITA from a noise prospective but as Scott pointed out it removes the issues people where having with the on off control. I have done a lot of plate marking and never had an issue so am happy to put up with the noise.

Anyway I am still 100% happy with the machine, the service and the company. They are so much better than my previous suppliers and every time I ring Scott with an issue he has an answer and an answer that works.

Anyone in SOCAL who wants to see it in person feel free to drop me a line and I am happy to show you the machine in action, it is working most days 7 days a week

I just bought the 5x5 table monday. WOOT. Is there any way to run the hand torch on the powermax 65?

Quote Originally Posted by EddyRRT View Post
    I just bought the 5x5 table monday. WOOT. Is there any way to run the hand torch on the powermax 65?
    You could mount it easy enough and the control will work so I don't see why not. As far as I know ArcLight don't have a hand torch holder and personally I would never go back to a hand torch. I leave the machine torch mounted full time and then use the hand torch to trim up or use mobile.

You will love the table, 2 years on and I am still very happy with mine and SO happy I got off the TorchMate Boat before Lincoln took over and made them even more money hungry and less customer focused then they already where. Having dealt with the guys at ArcLight for the last 2 years they have restored my faith in both customer support and dealing with guys who genuinely want to help out and go that extra mile.

Quote Originally Posted by EddyRRT View Post
    You can use any of the Hypertherm power mas with a hand torch for automated cutting. You need two things
    You have to get the CPC connection kit from Hypertherm or order it as an option with your machine
    AND
    Contact me after you have it installed to make single jumper mod to make it work. There is a safety lockout to prevent firing a handtorch from the CPC connector tha has to be bypassed

Page 1 of 2 12