585,717 active members*
4,034 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > FANUC 18i-m Alarm Message 443 - Fan failure

FANUC 18i-m Alarm Message 443 - Fan failure

Hi all,

In the lab I work in we have a Blohm Planomat 408 grinding machine with a Fanuc 18i-M controller.

While I was dressing the wheel last week, the power to the machine seemed to completely and spontaneously shut off, and the following error messages appeared on the screen:

ALARM MESSAGE

443 X AXIS: CNV. COOLING FAN FAILURE
    443 Y AXIS: CNV. COOLING FAN FAILURE
    443 Z AXIS: CNV. COOLING FAN FAILURE
    7159 SPN 1: COOLING FAN STOP IN PSM

I turned off the machine for about an hour then turned it back on and it worked again with no alarm message.

Then, a day or two later, when I first turned on the machine for the day, the alarm message again appeared on the screen.

At this time it seemed like the fan in the electrical cabinet was not running.

Then, I restarted the machine and the alarm message disappeared, the fan in the electrical cabinet was on, and the machine functioned normally.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this happening and how to fix this problem?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0079.jpg  

Re: FANUC 18i-m Alarm Message 443 - Fan failure

prepare new fans,soon you will need them to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by zavateandu View Post
    prepare new fans,soon you will need them to replace.
    If you look at the amplifiers in the cabinet they will have model numbers on them , phone Fanuc and get all the fans for them as they sound like they are failing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mbservice View Post
    If you look at the amplifiers in the cabinet they will have model numbers on them , phone Fanuc and get all the fans for them as they sound like they are failing
    Thanks for the reply. If they are indeed failing then does it make sense for them to all fail simultaneously like this though? It seems strange to me that all the errors popped up at the same time. There's a big fan on the door that circulates outside air through the electrical cabinet where the amplifiers are located. I noticed that this fan was not on when I got the error messages once, could this big fan be the issue?

I doubt it as those fans are not normally monitored
    Quote Originally Posted by Riebello View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the reply. If they are indeed failing then does it make sense for them to all fail simultaneously like this though? It seems strange to me that all the errors popped up at the same time. There's a big fan on the door that circulates outside air through the electrical cabinet where the amplifiers are located. I noticed that this fan was not on when I got the error messages once, could this big fan be the issue?