584,826 active members*
5,275 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > BP Series 2 Special manual to cnc via used acu-rite millpwr kit???
    Levibad1 Guest

BP Series 2 Special manual to cnc via used acu-rite millpwr kit???

Hello. First post here. I currently have a series 2 special with 2 axis dro and x-axis power feed. I really never planned on a cnc knee mill, but my place of work had a charity auction and i purchased what I was told was a complete running kit that was removed from a regular series 2 machine to upgrade to a newer kit. From what i was told the only known issue was that the start button on the control was somewhat finicky. I didnt realize this was being auctioned off until it was almost over and pulled the trigger with out much research. I am looking for some input.
    1. I think this should be a direct bolt on for my machine since the series 2 and series 2 special are basically the same from the column down. Is it a direct bolt on?
    2. From the pictures attached, did i get all the major components that i couldnt easily and cheaply replace?
    3. I wasnt really in the market for a cnc. Is this fairly user freindly? I haven't touch a cnc control in 15 years.
    4. Finally, what is this worth (assuming its complete and works)? Hoping i didnt over spend even if it was for charity...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20180828_191459.jpg   20180828_191359.jpg   20180828_191411.jpg   20180828_191430.jpg  

20180828_191436.jpg   20180828_191442.jpg  

Re: BP Series 2 Special manual to cnc via used acu-rite millpwr kit???

Quote Originally Posted by Levibad1 View Post
    Hello. First post here. I currently have a series 2 special with 2 axis dro and x-axis power feed. I really never planned on a cnc knee mill, but my place of work had a charity auction and i purchased what I was told was a complete running kit that was removed from a regular series 2 machine to upgrade to a newer kit. From what i was told the only known issue was that the start button on the control was somewhat finicky. I didnt realize this was being auctioned off until it was almost over and pulled the trigger with out much research. I am looking for some input.
    1. I think this should be a direct bolt on for my machine since the series 2 and series 2 special are basically the same from the column down. Is it a direct bolt on?
    2. From the pictures attached, did i get all the major components that i couldnt easily and cheaply replace?
    3. I wasnt really in the market for a cnc. Is this fairly user freindly? I haven't touch a cnc control in 15 years.
    4. Finally, what is this worth (assuming its complete and works)? Hoping i didnt over spend even if it was for charity...
    hi how much do you want for them as may be interested as spares for my machine
    Please send me a private message

Quote Originally Posted by mbservice View Post
    hi how much do you want for them as may be interested as spares for my machine
    Please send me a private message
    Not interested in selling the millpwr currently, but i do have 2 series ii spindle motors for sale. Both have the sheaves and one was recently rebuilt.

Are there used quill z axis parts available anywhere? Would be sweet to have the 3rd axis...

Did you ever find out a price on this setup? I am looking at one for myself used from a local shop.