584,800 active members*
4,624 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

A new Plasma table.

How's everyone doing? I would like to reach out and ask for advice and opinions about the purchase of a new plasma table. We currently have a Spidercut CNC table that isn't meeting our needs and doesn't produce a satisfactory cut (Don't get me started on this table, there isn't enough time or words to get all my frustrations out) I've searched and searched the internet and so far I am unable to find the table I'm looking for.

I'm looking for a table that is: 4'x4' and solid, rolled ball screw drives on all the axis, and has 16 pole stepper motors.

I know I'm opening up a lot of discussions here. From my research, the above specs would work best for us. I don't want to see a slightly serrated edge on all the cuts that come from; the gantry being to heavy, rack and pinion drive, V bearings on cold rolled steel, or not being able to cut fast enough to prevent warpage of the metal... The list is endless.

For the past two years, we have been down every road and avenue with our current table and software.

Is there a hidden gem of a table out there that will give me the results I want, let me know, please. Tracker, Torchmate, Plasmacam, delusional CNC, Lonestar, Fab cam..... I've looked at them all and read the reviews and I'm nervous about what I read and see in their specs.

Does some person build an amazing or is there a kit out there?

Look at shopsabre