Hi all,

... so I set up my CNC for my first PCB milling today and was successful drilling the holes, however, milling the actual traces was much less of a success ...

Using a 10 degr. 0.1 mm V-bit the result overall looked like the PCB I was supposed to mill but unfortunately not much more than that. And the V-shape bit clearly had changed its end shape when the milling was completed.

Which brings me to my reason for posting here .. I hope someone here have some good experience on milling PCBs and may advice on:

- which mills to use for carving high-precision PCBs with traces down to 0.2mm widths and similar trace spacings? V-bit mills or regular low-diameter end mills? And which metal types/coatings are particularly useful for this?

- which rpms and feeds to use for a successful milling?

- how much may the Z-axis depth be increased per pass?

I would much appreciate some advice on this - and if possible a link to a calculator of some kind that may help estimate these values for various bit sizes.

Cheers & thanks,

Jesper

A P.S.: I guess part of successful CNC milling is using good end mills ... might one of you have a suggestion for a good end mill vendor in Europe?