585,973 active members*
3,853 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Business Practices > Business Practices / Pricing > Customer Service Pilot Pro PDJInc Pt.2

Customer Service Pilot Pro PDJInc Pt.2

Hello,
    I'm new here, and I wish I saw the previous post, now Closed, on Customer Service for the Pilot Pro by PDJInc in Portland OR.

I purchased a 1220 w/ water cooled spindle last week. ( I purchased it in May 25, got it last week, Aug 27 )

I drove down from Seattle in May because the communication via email was less than adequate.
    I felt that if I could talk to Phil face to face we could work it out in 30 minutes, and we did, I thought.
    He told me 4 week to delivery when I was there.
    He told me it would be 4 to 6 after I put money down.
    6 became 11.
    I paid for him to assemble it, while I would pick it up myself.
    We scheduled a pickup, I drove down only to find that he had cancelled for another customer, but he didnt get confirmation from me, he just assumed I got it.
    When I arrived he asked, "Who are you".
    It didnt really matter as it turns out, the PVC table was not attached, one motor was not attached, he had the wrong 4th axis, and the 5th was mounted in the wrong orientation.
    I reinforced the fact that I had sent photos in email of one of his machines with the orientation I was asking for and the type of 4th axis, and his reply was that Suzy got the emails screwed up.
    I drove home (3.5 hrs one way).
    11 became 13.
    We scheduled another pickup.
    I drove down and the machine was mostly ready.
    He had not installed limit switches and he said they had not arrived, so he would send them.
    He told me specifically that other purchaser's had gotten frustrated with his machines and that the only real problem was that "They" waited too long to contact him for help.
    He said he would email me a Mach3 Profile and instructional docs. (His instruction DVD is old and lacks current information)

After I returned home, I found a bag of limit switches. When I asked him he said that his new employee put them in there without telling him.
    When I ask him for documentation on installing the limit switches, he says its on his Home Page: PDJINC.com.
    His HomePage is an old school style of Information Chaos. There is one paragraph about the about Home and Limit switches with two links.
    One link to a photo of switches and on link to a video of them in use. So I ask again.
    This time he replys "Yes from the Homepage download limit and home switches dot PDF"
    Am I supposed to guess? Is this a puzzle? Why cant you just type out a correct link?I tried several possibilities before I just got frustrated and email him AGAIN!
    His reply, "there is no link. Type it into your browser pdj inc.com/limits and home switches.pdj" (yes, that is how he typed it. The letters inc.com/limits became a working link to Inc.com)
    (Also, notice that Limits now has an s in it)
    I had of course tried that already, with and without spaces, with dashes and underscores. 404 errors all the way.

It's now been a week and I have gotten nothing in email from Phil.
    He said on Friday that he would "Get Office Time" to send them and he didnt, so that mean I loose three days to a holiday weekend.
    I realize that there is a bit of a grey area when it comes to purchasing a DIY type of cnc machine and who is responsible for what.
    However, I think its clear to everyone that proper identification of parts by the builder is necessary for the buyer to do their assembly.
    These are the wires that I got from PDJ. They come from the stepper motors and they need to attach to the appropriate drivers in the "driver box".
    The drivers are clearly marked X, Y, Y1, Z, A, & B.
    The wires are less so.
    I got two wires marked B (one has two B's)
    I got one wire with both X and Y.
    I got one with monkey scribbles.
    When I asked Phil for clarification, he just said that his new employee had marked them for "Length"? WTF???

I tried to buy a tool, so far I have bought a project.

PDJ has a 15day return policy and I will gladly return this next week if he doesn't stop wasting my time.

Re: Customer Service Pilot Pro PDJInc Pt.2

I looked at them just last night. Sight looks like a high school kids started his own business. One long run on page. Very confusing. Seems like they want to do more by way of videos than print. They advertised on local craigslist about a 4X8 pre assembled cnc that they sell. I looked around the site for quite a while and could never locate it. Glad I didn't do business with them after reading your headache.

I have had my PDJ CNC since 2013 and have ALWAYS had great customers service and my CNC is built strong with no issues. I have since upgraded to a 12" high Z and added a 4th axis. When I have questions Phil is there usually 7 days a week and evenings. Before you hang your hat on the above comments there are two sides to a story. I have had several friends who have purchased from Phil. He just delivered a 5050 to my friend in town and a 48 X 96 to another local cabinet business. They have a great machine and they always try to take care of their customers! Tom Watson signsinwood.com

Pilot Pro PDJInc GREAT CNCs

I like it!

Remember-
    You cant please everyone and no one is perfect. But you should try anyway! And don't be so negative.

I have a great Pilot Pro CNC

No problems here!

Great Machine! Had mine for YEARS!
    Great People! Always HELPFUL!

Bob

When you join a forum and this is your first post, everyone knows you either work for PDJ, are PDJ, or posted on behalf of PDJ.

In other words, nobody believes your post.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Cool Re: Customer Service Pilot Pro PDJInc Pt.2

Just a proud owner here telling the truth on behalf of a great machine and nice people, This is what FORUMS are for (I hope)!

Otherwise you only read the negative, right? I hope this place is not just for negative chatter otherwise its worthless.

Forums are hard to believe no matter what due to so many factors, good or bad, everyone knows this.

Many owners on their facebook page. Go to their facebook page and ask any of us about PDJ

SIMPLE!

The BIG RED ARROW at the top points to the links!

I found the 4X8 for both the Pilot Pro and the 5 Prime on their site. Click the menu link at the top of the page for either machine. It's the last one on the list. call them if you have any questions.

"One long run on page" or "more by way of videos than print" - ? I think it must be one or the other because the 2 statements are the opposite of each other, but BOTH are negative! WTF???

All of this is so easy! Please don’t be negative be happy!