Hello all,

I make this post pretty much for the future because I found there are not alot of informations on this machine
even if the company sold quite few of them. Since the machine is kind of old, around 2002 or so, informations
is not that available easily and AXYZ is not supporting it that much (will talk about this later on)

So, here's my story:
I am no expert in CNC but willing to learn and I like pretty much any fabrication machine (have a 3D printer so far and a CNC glass cutting machine that I wish to convert: https://www.cnczone.com/forums/gener...ml#post2212838)

So, I bought an AXYZ Millennium or Millenium (yes 2 "n" according to model name id plate) with a double filter dust collector trough an online industrial auction. It was a big bet because did not know if machines were working nor if the computer has all the programs and wiring communication included with it.

General specs:
- 220V, 1 phase, 15A
- About 41" x 41" x 6" work area, safer size is more likely 39" x 39"
- Slotted aluminium table
- Italian ELTE model TMPE3 12/2 air cooled spindle: 2.2 kW (about 3hp) AC 3phase spindle motor, 18 000 rpm max., ER25 collet
- Air input needed for dust boot cylinder retraction/release
- All axis are based on rack & pinion (screw type on Z), linear bearing
- Controller is called AMC, newer model from AXYZ recent machines is called A2MC

Few pictures of it:

Z-Axis

All electronic boards are located underneath the aluminium slotted table

2 videos:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ex...e8M19thQPYaCRJ

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wE...1XjMAIoKF_v7zs

When the machine arrive, I was really happy to see that the computer was filled up with the software needed and few docs. I needed to "hack" the Windows PC since there was a password linked to it. BTW, if you need to do that, I recommend you the linux distribution Trinity Rescue Kit (using winpass tool) or pretty much any Linux distro using chntpw command tool.

Something I know before bidding but was a pain when I tried to make the machine work was the keypad sticker is missing, so I wasn't able to see which buttons I needed to press and did not have any documentation what to do. Finally I found some docs and videos on the web that I was able to see the sticker.

I tried to contact AXYZ to obtain documentation (eg. user manual since there was none on their website) and buying the sticker (maybe they still have some?) but more than 1 week so far I haven't heard from them by email. Tried to call them but no response. I read on differents forums that they charge alot for support and are
not that helpful sometimes.

I've done some maintenance to it, there was alot of wood/MDF dust everywhere, in board cabinet (underneath table) and all around machine and PC. Added new lithium grease on all linear bearings. Had to remove spindle and check out about a weird noise coming up when going down in Z: clean the screw, lubricate and put it back, seems to be ok for now. I read somewhere on forums the nut on Z axis is pretty cheap and might be break over time, but it must be easy to fix since it look like a normal CNC-type Z-screw.

I found there was a post-processor on Vectric (VCarve, Aspire, etc.) for it, named: "Axyz Arcs (inch)"
Haven't try 3D surfacing yet, but it seems to work with basic toolpath at the moment (circles, square, text)
Will do more complex stuff soon... right now waiting for collet to come.

While searching for informations on this machine to make it work, I found a Polish CNC forum talking alot
about the machine and AXYZ company. (thx google translate!) Even someone post a wiring documentation
of the machine, which could be handy! Here it is: https://www.cnc.info.pl/wymiana-elek...um-t63337.html
See doc attached.

Still searching on the web, on YouTube, I found a kind person that was able to send me documentation that
he had on it. I finally end up able to make the machine works in Automatic. It's pretty big documentation (around 2Gb) but not everything is usefull. I ended up translating the Functions manual needed from Russian to English! (thx again google translate!)

According to my actual understanding, here's (one) procedure you need to follow to run in Auto:
1. Draw your part on AutoCAD, Vectric or similar CAD program
2. Use that 2D part in Vectric (or similar CAM program) to make the toolpaths
3. Export the G-Code using the good post-processor I talked about earlier
4. Go in Toolpath for Windows (program of AXYZ) to import the G-Code
5. There's some steps to do in Toolpath for Windows (remove errors in Analysis & verify origin) then the file need to be save in ".RDY" format.
6. Send the ".RDY" file to the controller using the Toolpath for Windows program
7. Activate the program on the machine using keypad
8. Set up origin X, Y, Z using keypad
9. Set up Z=0, feed, rapid speed, and maximum allowable places using keypad. Functions needed are in the manual, there are plenty of those, will make another post for that
10. Start the program
11. Enjoy!

If you have a big G-Code program (alot of lines), theres a program called DNC that can feed the controller
with more than 1 file (since the controller memory is low). I haven't tried that yet, would see later on.

Hope all this informations could help someone in the future or even in the present!

Will try to add other infos as well in this post. Hope you liked!