585,737 active members*
4,543 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Replacing Acramatic PC2100

I have a 20 year old Tree 750 mill with a PC 2100 control and Yaskawa SGDB drives/motors. I have been chasing intermittent problems on the Acramatic for weeks and it looks like I finally managed to blow up the main cpu board.

Given the potential cost of repairing the control (getting a quote right now) I am weighing my options. I have already done a Mach 3 retrofit using a Hicon Integra and had great results but that was just a knee mill and the drives & motors were purchased plug & play.

I am thinking about Mach 4 pro and the Integra again.

Is anyone familiar with the drives that can point me in the right direction?

Other recommendations for a control?

Thanks!!
    Thanks
    Marc

Re: Replacing Acramatic PC2100

I realize this is a bit old, but if you are still working on it, what board failed? And how did it fail?

These are reliable boards that rarely fail, but do have some relatively common issues with battery failures, and occasional (but rare) issues with RAM and CPU.

I've worked on these controls for 20+ years, so may be able to help keep it running without the retrofit depending on what the issue is.

Re: Replacing Acramatic PC2100

Quote Originally Posted by maver1ck View Post
    I realize this is a bit old, but if you are still working on it, what board failed? And how did it fail?

These are reliable boards that rarely fail, but do have some relatively common issues with battery failures, and occasional (but rare) issues with RAM and CPU.

I've worked on these controls for 20+ years, so may be able to help keep it running without the retrofit depending on what the issue is.
    Thanks I really appreciate the offer!

I wound up doing something to the main PC board to the extent that it would only sit there and beep slowly - not even make it to the bios. Then it looks like there was a broken connector on the RTCPU board.

I hope I made the right choice but I decided that the Centroid Oak was going to be the easiest to get running with the tool changer & my existing drives. I pulled the trigger yesterday.

When all is done I won't have much more in it then fixing the 2100. And hopefully I can turn some of the take-off items into $$. I have a virtually brand new pendant, a decent front panel with new LCD display and whatever is usable from the main computer chassis.

I'll let you know how it comes out!
    Thanks
    Marc