584,802 active members*
4,902 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

ps error 128 trying to DNC

I have a milling center with a Fanuc O-MD control and I'm having problems to DNC run a program from the computer.

I select MEM-DNC and press the Cycle Start key and I get LSK flashing in the lower right corner of the screen.
    When I start transmitting from the computer, the first two lines go through and then I get a ps 128 alarm. First line is of code is the % character.

From the OFFSETS screen pressing the OUTPUT-START key I get all the data sent correctly to the computer, so I assume cable and RS2332 parameters are correct.
    Is this assumption correct?

Any ideas?
    Please

Re: ps error 128 trying to DNC

What happens when you load a program to the memory without dnc

Quote Originally Posted by romanr9999 View Post
    I have a milling center with a Fanuc O-MD control and I'm having problems to DNC run a program from the computer.

I select MEM-DNC and press the Cycle Start key and I get LSK flashing in the lower right corner of the screen.
    When I start transmitting from the computer, the first two lines go through and then I get a ps 128 alarm. First line is of code is the % character.

From the OFFSETS screen pressing the OUTPUT-START key I get all the data sent correctly to the computer, so I assume cable and RS2332 parameters are correct.
    Is this assumption correct?

Any ideas?
    Please
    Hi, did you find the problem? I got the same problem now. Please advice the solution..
    Thanks before..

...DNC drip feeding Fanuc 128 Alarm "ILLEGAL MACRO SEQUENCE NUMBER" ...sounds like your program has Sub Programs in it or Macro Calls which I don't think is allowed using an external PC for running a program. one more thing to check use XON/XOFF
    DJ

Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    ...DNC drip feeding Fanuc 128 Alarm "ILLEGAL MACRO SEQUENCE NUMBER" ...sounds like your program has Sub Programs in it or Macro Calls which I don't think is allowed using an external PC for running a program. one more thing to check use XON/XOFF
    DJ
    Hi DJ..
    I'm not using sub program while drip feeding or macro calls..
    Okay, i will check pc setings..
    Thanks a lot

Finally DNC transfer is back to normal after replacing PC serial card..